Click Arrow To Start Audio
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY -
I. DAVID’S OLD AGE – ESTABLISHING SOLOMON AS KING (I Kings 1:1-
A. Young Abishag ministers to elderly David (1:1-
B. Adonijah’s self-
C. Solomon anointed as king to sit on David’s throne (1:32-
D. Adonijah’s servants leave him and he submits to Solomon (1:41-
E. David charges Solomon to walk in God’s ways and wisdom (2:1-
F. David’s death – Solomon’s kingdom established (2:10-
G. Adonijah’s request for Abishag to be his wife – Adonijah put to death (2:13-
H. Abiathar thrust from the priesthood (2:26-
I. Joab put to death – Benaiah replaces him as chief over the army and Zadok is sole high priest (2:28-
J. Shimei put to death for disobeying Solomon and failing to keep the oath of Jehovah (2:36-
1. What was the relationship like between David and Abishag?
2. What had David failed to do with his son Adonijah?
3. What did Adonijah do to establish himself as King?
4. How did Nathan counteract Adonijah being King?
5. What did David command to manifest unto all that Solomon is the chosen King to reign in David’ place?
6. What was the effect of the noise heard when Solomon was anointed King?
7. Why did both Adonijah and Joab “lay hold on the horns of the altar”?
8. Why was Abiathar’s life spared?
9. What was fulfilled when Abiathar was thrust from the priesthood?
10. What does David charge Solomon to do in order for Solomon to prosper in his Kingdom?
11. Why does David charge Solomon to not let Joab’s hoar head go down to Sheol in peace?
12. What did David charge Solomon to do regarding Shimei? Why?
13. How did Solomon manifest his wisdom to fulfill David’s charge concerning Shimei?
14. Are making oath’s before God a serious matter?
15. David reigned over Israel in Jerusalem for 40 years. (T) (F)
16. What did Adonijah request that Bathsheba do for him?
17. Why was this request “a word against his life”?
18. Who replaced Joab as the head of Israel’s army in Solomon’s kingdom? How had this man served David
(2 Sam. 8:18, 20:23; I Chron. 11:22-
19. Who replaced Abiathar as the priest in Solomon’s kingdom?
20. From where did David tell Solomon the provisions for the temple came (I Chron. 29:19)?
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY -
I. SOLOMON’S WISDOM (I Kings 3:1-
A. Solomon makes an alliance with Pharaoh, King of Egypt – marries Pharaoh’s daughter (3:1)
B. Solomon and people sacrificed in the “high places” because no house for Jehovah was built yet in Jerusalem (3:2-
C. God appears to Solomon in a dream while in Gibeon asking what He could give him-
1. God is pleased with Solomon’s request – will give Solomon riches and honor
2. Solomon awakes and comes to Jerusalem to offer up burnt offerings and peace offerings.
D. Solomon manifests his wisdom in a dispute between two harlots (3:16-
1. Both had a child at the same time.
2. One woman places her dead child in the arms of the other woman and takes the living child for her own.
3. The woman who realized quickly that the dead child is not hers brings their dispute before Solomon.
4. Solomon summoning the sword to divide the living child reveals the true mother.
E. Members of Solomon’s cabinet named (4:1-
F. Solomon’s twelve officers strategically placed across the kingdom to provide provisions for the king’s house are named (4:7-
G. The extent of Solomon’s vast kingdom defined (4:20-
1. His daily provisions described.
2. Citizens throughout Solomon’s kingdom dwell in safety.
H. Solomon’s great wisdom excels all other men – His fame known in the surrounding nations (4:29-
I. Solomon spoke three thousand proverbs and one thousand and five songs (4:32-
1. Spoke of trees and nature
2. All peoples, including kings of the earth, came to hear Solomon’s wisdom,
1. What two things did Solomon do that were connected with Pharaoh, the King of Egypt?
2. Why did Solomon and the people offer their sacrifices in the “high places”?
3. When Solomon begins his reign, where are the following located?
a. The tabernacle (tent of meeting):
b. The brazen altar:
c. The ark of the covenant:
4. Solomon was in Jerusalem when God appeared to him in a dream (T) (F).
5. How did Solomon reveal his humility when asking for wisdom from God?
6. Why did Solomon’s answer to Jehovah regarding how God could bless him please God?
7. What two things did God promise to give him in addition to wisdom?
8. God also promised to give Solomon a long life unconditionally?
9. What did Solomon do when he awoke from his dream?
10. What did the woman whose child had died say when Solomon commanded that the living child be cut in two?
11. To what end did Solomon’s wisdom lead him that is essential in a righteous king?
12. What was the difference between the “scribe” (secretary) and a “recorder” in a king’s cabinet?
13. Did Solomon employ “forced labor” like David?
14. Solomon’s twelve officers supplying needed provisions for him were chosen regarding:
a. the twelve tribes
b. the twelve months in a year
15. How extensive was Solomon’s rule over the kingdoms?
16. How does the Bible describe the safety every man felt under Solomon’s reign?
17. To what was Solomon’s “largeness of heart” compared?
18. List the four wise men whose wisdom Solomon’s wisdom surpassed?
19. How many Proverbs did Solomon speak? This means we have about 1/8, 1/3/ or 1 / 2, preserved for us to read.
20. How many songs did Solomon provide?
21. Solomon “spoke of” what items found in nature?