Click Arrow To Start Audio
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY -
I. SOLOMON’S WISDOM (I Kings 3:1-
A. Solomon makes an alliance with Pharaoh, King of Egypt – marries Pharaoh’s daughter (3:1)
B. Solomon and people sacrificed in the “high places” because no house for Jehovah was built yet in Jerusalem (3:2-
C. God appears to Solomon in a dream while in Gibeon asking what He could give him-
1. God is pleased with Solomon’s request – will give Solomon riches and honor
2. Solomon awakes and comes to Jerusalem to offer up burnt offerings and peace offerings.
D. Solomon manifests his wisdom in a dispute between two harlots (3:16-
1. Both had a child at the same time.
2. One woman places her dead child in the arms of the other woman and takes the living child for her own.
3. The woman who realized quickly that the dead child is not hers brings their dispute before Solomon.
4. Solomon summoning the sword to divide the living child reveals the true mother.
E. Members of Solomon’s cabinet named (4:1-
F. Solomon’s twelve officers strategically placed across the kingdom to provide provisions for the king’s house are named (4:7-
G. The extent of Solomon’s vast kingdom defined (4:20-
1. His daily provisions described.
2. Citizens throughout Solomon’s kingdom dwell in safety.
H. Solomon’s great wisdom excels all other men – His fame known in the surrounding nations (4:29-
I. Solomon spoke three thousand proverbs and one thousand and five songs (4:32-
1. Spoke of trees and nature
2. All peoples, including kings of the earth, came to hear Solomon’s wisdom,
1. What two things did Solomon do that were connected with Pharaoh, the King of Egypt?
2. Why did Solomon and the people offer their sacrifices in the “high places”?
3. When Solomon begins his reign, where are the following located?
a. The tabernacle (tent of meeting):
b. The brazen altar:
c. The ark of the covenant:
4. Solomon was in Jerusalem when God appeared to him in a dream (T) (F).
5. How did Solomon reveal his humility when asking for wisdom from God?
6. Why did Solomon’s answer to Jehovah regarding how God could bless him please God?
7. What two things did God promise to give him in addition to wisdom?
8. God also promised to give Solomon a long life unconditionally?
9. What did Solomon do when he awoke from his dream?
10. What did the woman whose child had died say when Solomon commanded that the living child be cut in two?
11. To what end did Solomon’s wisdom lead him that is essential in a righteous king?
12. What was the difference between the “scribe” (secretary) and a “recorder” in a king’s cabinet?
13. Did Solomon employ “forced labor” like David?
14. Solomon’s twelve officers supplying needed provisions for him were chosen regarding:
a. the twelve tribes
b. the twelve months in a year
15. How extensive was Solomon’s rule over the kingdoms?
16. How does the Bible describe the safety every man felt under Solomon’s reign?
17. To what was Solomon’s “largeness of heart” compared?
18. List the four wise men whose wisdom Solomon’s wisdom surpassed?
19. How many Proverbs did Solomon speak? This means we have about 1/8, 1/3/ or 1 / 2, preserved for us to read.
20. How many songs did Solomon provide?
21. Solomon “spoke of” what items found in nature?
I & 2 KINGS–CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. THE BUILDING OF THE TEMPLE AND SOLOMON’S HOUSE (Chapters 5:1-
A. Solomon makes an agreement with Hiram, king of Tyre, to supply timber for the temple (5:1-
B. Solomon provides levy of laborers in Lebanon (5:13-
C. Building of the temple (6:1-
1. Commencement for building (v.1; 2 Chron. 3:2)
2. Dimensions of temple (v.2; 2 Chron. 3:3)
3. The porch (v. 3; cf. 7:15-
4. The windows (v. 4)
5. The three-
6. Materials of the temple (v. 7, 9, 22)
7. God’s promise to Solomon (v. 11-
8. The walls (v. 15, 29)
9. The floor (v. 15, 30)
10. The most holy place (v. 16-
11. The cherubim (v. 23-
12. The doors (v. 31-
13. The courts (v. 36)
14. Completion of the temple (v. 37, 38, 9, 14, 51)
D. Building of Solomon’s royal palace (7:1-
1. Time for building Solomon’s house (v. 1, 2 Chron. 8:1)
2. House of the forest of Lebanon (v. 2-
3. The porch of pillars (v. 6)
4. The porch of the throne (v. 7)
5. The King’s own dwelling house (v. 8)
6. House of Pharaoh’s daughter (v. 8)
7. Materials of the buildings (v. 9-
8. The great court (v. 12)
E. Making vessels pertaining to the temple (7:13-
1. Appointment of Hiram the artisan of Tyre (v. 13-
2. The two pillars (v. 15-
3. The molten sea (v. 23-
4. The ten bases (v. 22-
5. The ten lavers (v. 38-
6. Summary of Hiram’s work in brass (v. 40-
7. Summary of the golden vessels (v. 48-
8. Completion of the work (v. 51)
1. Why did Hiram, king of Tyre, send a message to Solomon?
2. In 2 Chronicles, what reason does Hiram give for God making Solomon king?
3. Why could David not build a house for the name of Jehovah?
4. What did Solomon need of Hiram, king of Tyre?
5. When Hiram agreed to supply what Solomon needed, what did he receive from Solomon?
6. How many men of Israel were sent to work in Lebanan to acquire materials for the temple?
7. How many men did Solomon have to bear, hew and oversee the work of acquiring stones for the temple?
8. How did this group differ from the group mentioned in verses 13-
9. Where were the timbers unloaded when they reached Israel?
10. In what year of Solomon’s reign did he begin building the temple?
11. What is the name of the mountain on which the threshing floor of Ornan (Araunah) was located?
12. How long did it take for the temple construction to be completed?
13. Assuming a cubit = 18 inches, give the dimensions of the temple in feet:
______________long; ______________ wide; _____________ high.
14. Describe the “porch of the temple”:
15. The temple was a (1) one story building (2) two story building (3) three story building or (4) four story building.
16. In the midst of Solomon’s building the temple, the word of Jehovah comes to Solomon in the form of a: (1) conditional promise (2) unconditional promise.
17. How long was the temple area, located in front of “The Most Holy Place”?
18. What were the dimensions of The Most Holy Place?
19. Another name for The Most Holy Place is _______________________ Why?
20. The temple area was overlaid with ___________________________ .
21. The two cherubim in The Most Holy Place were _________________ feet tall, and each wing of the cherubim was _____________________ feet wide.
22. The two cherubim touched the walls of The Most Holy Place and each other. (T) (F)
23. What THREE figures were carved on the walls of the temple?
24. Describe the inner court:
25. How long did it take for Solomon’s house to be built?
26. Name the distinct areas of Solomon’s palace:
27. Whose skills did Solomon acquire to work in brass?
28. Between what two cities in the plain of Jordan were clay molds made for the implements that Huram (Hiram) cast?
29. Describe the “molten sea”?
30. The basis for the lavers of water were portable. (T) (F)
31 What was the “golden altar”?
32. Upon what was the shewbread placed in the temple built by Solomon?
33. How many candlesticks were inside the temple?
34. What did Solomon place in the treasuries of the house of the Lord?