Click Arrow To Start Audio
I & 2 KINGS–CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. THE BUILDING OF THE TEMPLE AND SOLOMON’S HOUSE (Chapters 5:1-
A. Solomon makes an agreement with Hiram, king of Tyre, to supply timber for the temple (5:1-
B. Solomon provides levy of laborers in Lebanon (5:13-
C. Building of the temple (6:1-
1. Commencement for building (v.1; 2 Chron. 3:2)
2. Dimensions of temple (v.2; 2 Chron. 3:3)
3. The porch (v. 3; cf. 7:15-
4. The windows (v. 4)
5. The three-
6. Materials of the temple (v. 7, 9, 22)
7. God’s promise to Solomon (v. 11-
8. The walls (v. 15, 29)
9. The floor (v. 15, 30)
10. The most holy place (v. 16-
11. The cherubim (v. 23-
12. The doors (v. 31-
13. The courts (v. 36)
14. Completion of the temple (v. 37, 38, 9, 14, 51)
D. Building of Solomon’s royal palace (7:1-
1. Time for building Solomon’s house (v. 1, 2 Chron. 8:1)
2. House of the forest of Lebanon (v. 2-
3. The porch of pillars (v. 6)
4. The porch of the throne (v. 7)
5. The King’s own dwelling house (v. 8)
6. House of Pharaoh’s daughter (v. 8)
7. Materials of the buildings (v. 9-
8. The great court (v. 12)
E. Making vessels pertaining to the temple (7:13-
1. Appointment of Hiram the artisan of Tyre (v. 13-
2. The two pillars (v. 15-
3. The molten sea (v. 23-
4. The ten bases (v. 22-
5. The ten lavers (v. 38-
6. Summary of Hiram’s work in brass (v. 40-
7. Summary of the golden vessels (v. 48-
8. Completion of the work (v. 51)
1. Why did Hiram, king of Tyre, send a message to Solomon?
2. In 2 Chronicles, what reason does Hiram give for God making Solomon king?
3. Why could David not build a house for the name of Jehovah?
4. What did Solomon need of Hiram, king of Tyre?
5. When Hiram agreed to supply what Solomon needed, what did he receive from Solomon?
6. How many men of Israel were sent to work in Lebanan to acquire materials for the temple?
7. How many men did Solomon have to bear, hew and oversee the work of acquiring stones for the temple?
8. How did this group differ from the group mentioned in verses 13-
9. Where were the timbers unloaded when they reached Israel?
10. In what year of Solomon’s reign did he begin building the temple?
11. What is the name of the mountain on which the threshing floor of Ornan (Araunah) was located?
12. How long did it take for the temple construction to be completed?
13. Assuming a cubit = 18 inches, give the dimensions of the temple in feet:
______________long; ______________ wide; _____________ high.
14. Describe the “porch of the temple”:
15. The temple was a (1) one story building (2) two story building (3) three story building or (4) four story building.
16. In the midst of Solomon’s building the temple, the word of Jehovah comes to Solomon in the form of a: (1) conditional promise (2) unconditional promise.
17. How long was the temple area, located in front of “The Most Holy Place”?
18. What were the dimensions of The Most Holy Place?
19. Another name for The Most Holy Place is _______________________ Why?
20. The temple area was overlaid with ___________________________ .
21. The two cherubim in The Most Holy Place were _________________ feet tall, and each wing of the cherubim was _____________________ feet wide.
22. The two cherubim touched the walls of The Most Holy Place and each other. (T) (F)
23. What THREE figures were carved on the walls of the temple?
24. Describe the inner court:
25. How long did it take for Solomon’s house to be built?
26. Name the distinct areas of Solomon’s palace:
27. Whose skills did Solomon acquire to work in brass?
28. Between what two cities in the plain of Jordan were clay molds made for the implements that Huram (Hiram) cast?
29. Describe the “molten sea”?
30. The basis for the lavers of water were portable. (T) (F)
31 What was the “golden altar”?
32. Upon what was the shewbread placed in the temple built by Solomon?
33. How many candlesticks were inside the temple?
34. What did Solomon place in the treasuries of the house of the Lord?
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. THE DEDICATION OF THE TEMPLE (8:1-
A. Removal of the ark of the covenant and the contents of the tent of meeting to the temple (8:1-
B. Solomon’s opening address and blessing (8:12-
C. Solomon’s prayer of dedication (8:22-
1. God’s constant care invoked (v. 22-
2. When an oath is made at the altar (v. 31-
3. In defeat because of sin (v. 33-
4. In drought because of sin (v. 35-
5. In famine and pestilence (v. 37-
6. For the stranger (v. 41-
7. In battle (v. 44-
8. In captivity (v. 46-
D. Solomon’s closing blessing and exhortation (8:54-
E. The sacrifice and public festival (8:62-
F. God’s second appearance to Solomon (9:1-
G. Solomon’s activities (9:10-
1. Twenty cities (villages) given to Hiram (v. 10-
2. Solomon’s use of the levy of forced labor (v. 15-
3. Removal of Pharaoh’s daughter to her own house (v. 24)
4. Solomon’s sacrifices three times a year (v. 25)
5. Solomon’s navy and Hiram’s help (v. 26-
1. Who took up the ark of the covenant to bring it to the temple?
2. Were the ark of the covenant and the holy vessels in the tent of meeting being kept in the same place when they were brought to be placed in the temple?
3. What feast coincided with this dedication of the temple?
4. “The most holy place” in the temple was also described as “the _______________________ of the ______________________.”
5. What of the ark of the covenant could be seen from the holy place?
6. The tables of stone, the golden pot of manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded were found in the ark brought into Solomon’s temple. (T) (F)
7. The two tables of stone was Jehovah’s covenant which He made with all of the people of the world. (T) (F)
8. The glory of Jehovah “filled” the holy place through the ______________.
9. How was Jehovah’s statement that He “would dwell in the thick darkness” fulfilled?
10. The temple was a habitation for God’s ______________________, while He ___________________________ in Heaven.
11. What circumstances brought people before the altar to offer an oath?
12. To what place should the children of Israel pray when they were smitten down by their enemies or taken into captivity?
13. In order for the people to receive forgiveness, they must ________________ from their _________________________.
14. Who is He who knows the hearts of men?
15. When Solomon arose from the altar after praying to God, he could say what about God’s promises to the people of Israel?
16. What was required to maintain the cause of Solomon and the people of Israel?
17. Why was the middle of the court hallowed by Solomon?
18. How would Solomon, the people of Israel and the temple remain established before God?
19. What did not please Hiram, the king of Tyre?
20. How did Solomon use his levy of bondservants?
21. What did Solomon do three times in a year?
22. Where was the navy of Solomon located?
23. What was brought to Solomon from Ophir?