Click Arrow To Start Audio
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. THE MAN OF GOD AND JEROBOAM (Chapters 13-
A. The man of God’s prophecy against Jeroboam’s altar in Bethel (13:1-
B. The withering and restoration of Jeroboam’s hand (13:4-
C. The disobedience of the man of God (13:7-
D. The man of God is slain (13:23-
E. The “old prophet” buries the man of God, and confirms his words (13:25-
F. Jeroboam’s persistence in evil (13:33-
G. Ahijah’s prophecy against the house and kingdom of Jeroboam (14:1-
(1). Jeroboam’s inquiry concerning his sick child (v.1-
(2). Ahijah’s prophecy and its partial fulfillment (v. 5-
(3). Jeroboam’s reign of twenty-
H. Judah’s apostasy under Rehoboam (14:22-
I. The invasion of Shishak (14:25-
J. The constant warfare between Rehoboam and Jeroboam (14:29-
K. The death of Rehoboam and the succession of Abijam (14:31).
1. What did the man of God from Judah prophesy regarding Jeroboam?
2. What sign did he give showing the prophecy would come to pass?
3. Whom did the man of God name as the one through whom the prophecy would be fulfilled?
4. Approximately how many years transpired between this prophecy and its fulfillment?
5. What happened to Jeroboam when he put forth his hand against the man of God?
6. What lessons concerning obedience to the word of the Lord do you learn from the disobedience of the man of God?
7. How did the man of God die?
8. What is so mysterious about the character of the “old prophet”?
9. What did Jeroboam continue to do in his reign that was sinful?
10. Why did Jeroboam send his wife to the prophet Ahijah?
11. What could not be hidden from the blind eyes of Ahijah?
12. What did Jeroboam do to provoke God to anger?
13. What sad prophecy did Ahijah give to Jeroboam’s wife?
14. Under Rehoboam’s reign Judah did what was right in the sight of the Lord. (T) (F)
15. Why was Shishak, the King of Egypt, allowed to come and invade Jerusalem?
16. What of Solomon did Shishak take away with him?
17. What did Rehoboam and Jeroboam do continually?
18. How long did Rehoboam reign in Jerusalem? How old was he when he began to reign?
19. What is significant about Rehoboam’s mother?
20. Who reigned in Jerusalem following the death of Rehoboam?