Click Arrow To Start Audio
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. THE MAN OF GOD AND JEROBOAM (Chapters 13-
A. The man of God’s prophecy against Jeroboam’s altar in Bethel (13:1-
B. The withering and restoration of Jeroboam’s hand (13:4-
C. The disobedience of the man of God (13:7-
D. The man of God is slain (13:23-
E. The “old prophet” buries the man of God, and confirms his words (13:25-
F. Jeroboam’s persistence in evil (13:33-
G. Ahijah’s prophecy against the house and kingdom of Jeroboam (14:1-
(1). Jeroboam’s inquiry concerning his sick child (v.1-
(2). Ahijah’s prophecy and its partial fulfillment (v. 5-
(3). Jeroboam’s reign of twenty-
H. Judah’s apostasy under Rehoboam (14:22-
I. The invasion of Shishak (14:25-
J. The constant warfare between Rehoboam and Jeroboam (14:29-
K. The death of Rehoboam and the succession of Abijam (14:31).
1. What did the man of God from Judah prophesy regarding Jeroboam?
2. What sign did he give showing the prophecy would come to pass?
3. Whom did the man of God name as the one through whom the prophecy would be fulfilled?
4. Approximately how many years transpired between this prophecy and its fulfillment?
5. What happened to Jeroboam when he put forth his hand against the man of God?
6. What lessons concerning obedience to the word of the Lord do you learn from the disobedience of the man of God?
7. How did the man of God die?
8. What is so mysterious about the character of the “old prophet”?
9. What did Jeroboam continue to do in his reign that was sinful?
10. Why did Jeroboam send his wife to the prophet Ahijah?
11. What could not be hidden from the blind eyes of Ahijah?
12. What did Jeroboam do to provoke God to anger?
13. What sad prophecy did Ahijah give to Jeroboam’s wife?
14. Under Rehoboam’s reign Judah did what was right in the sight of the Lord. (T) (F)
15. Why was Shishak, the King of Egypt, allowed to come and invade Jerusalem?
16. What of Solomon did Shishak take away with him?
17. What did Rehoboam and Jeroboam do continually?
18. How long did Rehoboam reign in Jerusalem? How old was he when he began to reign?
19. What is significant about Rehoboam’s mother?
20. Who reigned in Jerusalem following the death of Rehoboam?
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. THE RULE OF THE KINGS OF JUDAH AND ISRAEL (912-
A. The reign of ABIJAM (ABIJAH) over Judah (I Kings 15:1-
B. The reign of ASA over Judah (I Kings 15:9-
C. The reign of NADAB over Israel (I Kings 15:25-
D. The reign of BAASHA over Israel (I Kings 15:32-
E. The reign of ELAH over Israel (I Kings 16:8-
F. The reign of ZIMRI over Israel (I Kings 16:15-
G. The reigns of TIBNI and OMRI over Israel – Civil War (I Kings 16:21-
H. The beginning reign of AHAB over Israel (I Kings 16:29-
1. Abijam ruled _________ years over Judah.
2. Abijam’s mother was the daughter of ___________________ .
3. Why was Abijam allowed to rule as long as he did?
4. Who prevailed when Abijam’s 400,000 men went up against Jeroboam’s 800,000 men?
5. How long did Asa reign over Judah?
6. What kind of reforms in Judah did Asa implement during his reign?
7. How did Asa and Judah defeat the Ethiopians and their numerous chariots?
8. How did Asa and Judah defeat Baasha and the Israelites?
9. Describe the heart that was needed by Asa and his people in Judah in order to prosper and be at peace in the land:
10. What did Asa fail to do in his old age when he suffered from a disease in his feet?
11. Nadab ruled over Israel for ______________ years.
12. Describe the character of Nadab’s rule:
13. How did Baasha go about insuring his rule over Israel?
14. Baasha ruled over Israel _______________ years.
15. Describe the character of Baasha’s rule over Israel:
16. What similar fate to that of Jeroboam did Jehu the prophet say would happen to Baasha?
17. Elah was the ___________ of Baasha, and he reigned over Israel for ____________ years in the city of ____________________.
18. What were the sad circumstances surrounding Elah’s death?
19. Zimri reigned seven years over Israel. (T) (F)
20. How did Zimri die?
21. How were the people of Israel divided during and after Zimri’s reign?
22. Omri reigned over Israel ______________ years.
23. Omri made what city the capital of Israel?
24. What was the character of Omri’s rule in Israel?
25. Ahab, the son of _______________ ruled over Israel for _________________ years.
26. Whom did Ahab marry?
27. Did this marriage have an effect upon Ahab’s spirituality?
28. “And Ahab did __________ more to ______________Jehovah, the God of Israel, to __________________ than _________________ the kings of Israel that were ___________ him.”
29. What city was built the days of Ahab’s reign over Israel?
30. What prophecy was fulfilled during the building of Jericho?