Click Arrow To Start Audio
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY-
2 KINGS INTRODUCTION: Picking up where I Kings ends, 2 Kings leads us into approximately 270 years of Old Testament history (853 – 582 B.C.). Both kingdoms comprising all of Israel will be taken away in captivity. Israel falls to Assyria in 722 B.C., and 135 years later, Judah will be taken away into Babylonian captivity (587-
I. THE LAST WORKS OF ELIJAH – THE FIRST WORKS OF ELIJAH AND THE REIGN OF JEHORAM IN ISRAEL
A. Elijah intercepts the messengers of the sick King Ahaziah (1:1-
1. Elijah reproves King Ahaziah for seeking the god of Ekron (v. 1-
2. Elijah calls fire from Heaven (v. 9-
3. Death of Ahaziah (v 17-
B. Elijah’s Ascension – Elisha empowered with the Spirit of God (2:1-
C. Elisha heals the waters of Jericho (2:19-
D. Young lads who mock Elisha are cursed and killed by bears (2:23-
E. Jehoram’s reign over Israel and Moab’s rebellion (3:1-
1. When did the Moabites rebel against Israel?
2. What happened to Ahaziah that was connected with his sickness?
3. By going to the god of Ekron, what logically did it mean?
4. How did King Ahaziah know the Elijah had spoken to his messengers?
5. How did Elijah respond to King Ahaziah’s messengers and companies of 50 when they told him to come down from the hill?
6. According to whose word did Ahaziah die?
7. Who reigned in Ahaziah’s place over Israel?
8. What did Elisha refuse to do as requested by Elijah? Why?
9. In what cities were there “sons of the prophets”?
10. What did the sons of the prophets know about Elijah?
11. What did Elisha “see” when Elijah was taken up into heaven?
12. What was the last miracle done by Elijah and the first done by Elisha?
13. What did the 50 sons of the prophets want to do after Elijah was taken up into heaven?
14. What miracle did Elisha do that helped the city of Jericho?
15. What did the young lads say when they mocked Elisha?
16. What happened to the 42 lads who took part in the mocking?
17. While Jehoram still cleaved to the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, how were his actions not like Ahab, his father?
18. What was the custom of King Mesha before he rebelled at the death of Ahab?
19. What two kings did Jehoram get to be allied with him against the king of Moab?
20. Did Jehoram feel confident about defeating the king of Moab?
21. How was Elisha described when Jehoshaphat wanted to make inquiry of a man of God?
22. Why did Elisha even receive inquiry of the king of Israel?
23. What two things did Elisha predict would occur?
24. What did the people of Moab believe when they arose early in the morning?
25. What two things did the king of Moab do when the battle got too bad for him?