Click Arrow To Start Audio
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. THE MIRACULOUS WORKS OF ELISHA (Chapters 4-
A. The widow’s oil multiplied (4:1-
B. The Shunammite woman promised a son (4:8-
C. The Shunammite woman’
D. The miraculous feeding of a hundred men (4:42-
E. The leprosy of Naaman cleansed (5:1-
F. Gehazi’s curse (5:20-
1. To whom had the widow been married?
2. What was the widow’s problem?
3. How did Elisha miraculously solver her problem?
4. What did the Shunammite woman and her husband provide for the traveling Elisha?
5. What did Elisha think the Shunammite woman might need?
6. What did the woman say she needed?
7. How was Elisha involved in fulfilling her need?
8. What happened to the Shunammite’s son that broke her heart?
9 What did the Shunammite woman ask her husband?
10. What did the Shunammite woman refuse to do?
11. How was the Shunammite’s son brought back to life?
12. What occurred in Gilgal?
13. Had Elisha predicted this occurrence?
14. What did Elisha do to heal the “death in the pot”?
15. With what did Elisha command a hundred men to be fed and filled?
16. Did God give victory to the Syrians over his own people?
17. How did the king of Israel react to the king of Syria’s actions on behalf of his captain, Naaman?
18. Why did Naaman become angry?
19. When was Naaman’s leprosy healed?
20. What did Naaman conclude after he was healed of his leprosy?
21. Why did Elisha refuse Naaman’s present?
22. What did Naaman then request?
23. What was Elisha’s reaction to this second request?
24. What did Gehazi do that brought a curse on him?
25. How was he cursed?
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. ELISHA’S MIRACULOUS WORKS WITH SONS OF THE PROPHETS AND ISRAEL BEING BESEIGED BY SYRIA (Chapters 6-
A. Elisha miraculously causes lost axe head to be found (6:1-
B. Elisha miraculously thwarts the invading bands of Syrians (6:8-
1. Elisha reveals secrets of encampment of Syrian king (v. 8-
2. Elisha blinds the men looking for Him and brings them from Dothan to Samaria (v. 14-
a. Syrian’s horses and chariots worries Elisha’s servant
b. Elisha prays for servant to see God’s chariot’s and horses
3. Elisha opens the men of Syria’s eyes and spares them at the hands of the King of Israel (v. 20-
C. Elisha miraculously aids a famished Samaria being besieged by Benhadad, King of Syria (6:24-
1. Severity of famine and besiegement causes king of Israel to want to behead Elisha (6:24-
2. Elisha predicts that Samaria will have plenty (7:1-
3. Four leprous men discover and empty camp of Syrians (7:4-
4. Skeptical king of Israel finds the Syrians have fled away (7:9-
5. People of Samaria plunder camp and trod the king’s captain to death at the gate in obtaining food (7:16-
1. Why were the sons of the prophets needing to cut wood near the Jordan River?
2. What did Elisha cause the lost axe head to do in the water?
3. Why was the King of Syria never able to camp in a place where he could ambush the Israelites?
4. What did Elisha cause his fearful servant to see that strengthened him?
5. What did Elisha pray for when the men of Syria came to Dothan to fetch him for the King of Syria?
6. When these men of Syria come to Samaria, the King of Israel thought he needed to treat them kindly. (T) (F)
7. These men of Syria were allowed to return to whom?
8. What was the temporary result of Elisha’s work regarding Syria?
9. Benhadad, the King of Syria, besieged Samaria by tearing down its walls. (T) (F)
10. How “extreme” was the famine in Samaria?
11. What did the effects of the famine cause the king of Israel to do regarding Elisha?
12. Why did Elisha demand the elders to shut and hold fast the door?
13. What was the King not willing to do any longer as he and his people suffered the famine?
14. What did Elisha prophesy would occur as the famine was at its strength?