Click Arrow To Start Audio
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. ELISHA’S MIRACULOUS WORKS WITH SONS OF THE PROPHETS AND ISRAEL BEING BESEIGED BY SYRIA (Chapters 6-
A. Elisha miraculously causes lost axe head to be found (6:1-
B. Elisha miraculously thwarts the invading bands of Syrians (6:8-
1. Elisha reveals secrets of encampment of Syrian king (v. 8-
2. Elisha blinds the men looking for Him and brings them from Dothan to Samaria (v. 14-
a. Syrian’s horses and chariots worries Elisha’s servant
b. Elisha prays for servant to see God’s chariot’s and horses
3. Elisha opens the men of Syria’s eyes and spares them at the hands of the King of Israel (v. 20-
C. Elisha miraculously aids a famished Samaria being besieged by Benhadad, King of Syria (6:24-
1. Severity of famine and besiegement causes king of Israel to want to behead Elisha (6:24-
2. Elisha predicts that Samaria will have plenty (7:1-
3. Four leprous men discover and empty camp of Syrians (7:4-
4. Skeptical king of Israel finds the Syrians have fled away (7:9-
5. People of Samaria plunder camp and trod the king’s captain to death at the gate in obtaining food (7:16-
1. Why were the sons of the prophets needing to cut wood near the Jordan River?
2. What did Elisha cause the lost axe head to do in the water?
3. Why was the King of Syria never able to camp in a place where he could ambush the Israelites?
4. What did Elisha cause his fearful servant to see that strengthened him?
5. What did Elisha pray for when the men of Syria came to Dothan to fetch him for the King of Syria?
6. When these men of Syria come to Samaria, the King of Israel thought he needed to treat them kindly. (T) (F)
7. These men of Syria were allowed to return to whom?
8. What was the temporary result of Elisha’s work regarding Syria?
9. Benhadad, the King of Syria, besieged Samaria by tearing down its walls. (T) (F)
10. How “extreme” was the famine in Samaria?
11. What did the effects of the famine cause the king of Israel to do regarding Elisha?
12. Why did Elisha demand the elders to shut and hold fast the door?
13. What was the King not willing to do any longer as he and his people suffered the famine?
14. What did Elisha prophesy would occur as the famine was at its strength?
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. ELISHA’S WORK WITH JUDAH, ISRAEL AND SYRIA (2 Kings 8-
A. Elisha provides a blessing for the Shunammite woman after being separated from home by a famine (8:1-
B. Elisha has a meeting with Hazael, and prophecies that He will be king of Syria (8:7-
C. The reign in Judah of Jehoram, the son of Jehoshaphat (8:16-
1. Married to the daughter of Ahab, Athaliah
2. Revolt of the Edomites; the Philistines and the Arabians near Ethiopia
3. Died of horrible disease in bowels
D. Reign in Judah of Ahaziah, the son of Jehoram (8:25-
E. Jehu anointed king of Israel (9:1-
F. Death of Jehoram, king of Israel (9:14-
G. Death of Ahaziah, king of Judah (9:27-
H. Death of Jezebel, wife of Ahab (9:30-
1. Why did the Shunammite woman go to sojourn in the land of the Philistines?
2. What blessing did she receive from the King of Israel when she returned from the land of the Philistines?
3. Why did King Benhadad send Hazael to Elisha?
4. What caused Elisha to weep when he gazed upon Hazael?
5. What was Hazael’s first, and then final reaction to the prediction of Elisha?
6. Jehoram’s reign in Jerusalem began during the current king, Jehoshaphat’s reign (T) (F).
7. How strong was the army of Judah during the reign of Jehoram?
8. How was Jehoram, the king of Judah connected with the family of Ahab, former king of Israel?
9. Why did Jehovah not destroy Judah during the wicked reign of Jehoram?
10. How did Jehoram, the king of Judah die?
11. It what two ways was Ahaziah, the king of Judah, connected with Ahab, the former king of Israel?
12. What circumstances brought Ahaziah, the king of Judah, and Jehoram, the king of Israel to Jezreel?
13. Elisha commanded one of the sons of the prophets to anoint publicly Jehu as the king of Israel (T) (F).
14. What did Jehu hear by the word of Jehovah of why he was to bring an end to the dynasty of Ahab?
15. Why did the fellow captains with Jehu think the son of the prophets was “mad”?
16. What was the meaning connected with the captains placing their garments on the steps before Jehu?
17. How was Jehoram, who was recuperating in Jezreel, made aware of the approaching chariot carrying Jehu?
18. Why could there not be peace with God in Israel?
19. How did Jehoram, the king of Israel, meet his death?
20. Jehoram dying “in the portion of Naboth” was merely coincidental. (T) (F)
21. When he saw Jehu, Ahaziah fled to (a) a garden house (b) Gur (c) Megiddo.
22. How did Ahaziah die?
23. Why did Jezebel paint her face when she knew Jehu was approaching?
24. Why did Jezebel remind Jehu of Zimri?
25. What did the “eunuchs” do to Jezebel at the command of Jehu?
26. What did Jehu do to Jezebel?
27. Why did Jehu send his men to go and bury Jezebel?
28. Jezebel’s demise literally fulfilled the prophecy of Elisha. (T) (F).