Click Arrow To Start Audio
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. ELISHA’S WORK WITH JUDAH, ISRAEL AND SYRIA (2 Kings 8-
A. Elisha provides a blessing for the Shunammite woman after being separated from home by a famine (8:1-
B. Elisha has a meeting with Hazael, and prophecies that He will be king of Syria (8:7-
C. The reign in Judah of Jehoram, the son of Jehoshaphat (8:16-
1. Married to the daughter of Ahab, Athaliah
2. Revolt of the Edomites; the Philistines and the Arabians near Ethiopia
3. Died of horrible disease in bowels
D. Reign in Judah of Ahaziah, the son of Jehoram (8:25-
E. Jehu anointed king of Israel (9:1-
F. Death of Jehoram, king of Israel (9:14-
G. Death of Ahaziah, king of Judah (9:27-
H. Death of Jezebel, wife of Ahab (9:30-
1. Why did the Shunammite woman go to sojourn in the land of the Philistines?
2. What blessing did she receive from the King of Israel when she returned from the land of the Philistines?
3. Why did King Benhadad send Hazael to Elisha?
4. What caused Elisha to weep when he gazed upon Hazael?
5. What was Hazael’s first, and then final reaction to the prediction of Elisha?
6. Jehoram’s reign in Jerusalem began during the current king, Jehoshaphat’s reign (T) (F).
7. How strong was the army of Judah during the reign of Jehoram?
8. How was Jehoram, the king of Judah connected with the family of Ahab, former king of Israel?
9. Why did Jehovah not destroy Judah during the wicked reign of Jehoram?
10. How did Jehoram, the king of Judah die?
11. It what two ways was Ahaziah, the king of Judah, connected with Ahab, the former king of Israel?
12. What circumstances brought Ahaziah, the king of Judah, and Jehoram, the king of Israel to Jezreel?
13. Elisha commanded one of the sons of the prophets to anoint publicly Jehu as the king of Israel (T) (F).
14. What did Jehu hear by the word of Jehovah of why he was to bring an end to the dynasty of Ahab?
15. Why did the fellow captains with Jehu think the son of the prophets was “mad”?
16. What was the meaning connected with the captains placing their garments on the steps before Jehu?
17. How was Jehoram, who was recuperating in Jezreel, made aware of the approaching chariot carrying Jehu?
18. Why could there not be peace with God in Israel?
19. How did Jehoram, the king of Israel, meet his death?
20. Jehoram dying “in the portion of Naboth” was merely coincidental. (T) (F)
21. When he saw Jehu, Ahaziah fled to (a) a garden house (b) Gur (c) Megiddo.
22. How did Ahaziah die?
23. Why did Jezebel paint her face when she knew Jehu was approaching?
24. Why did Jezebel remind Jehu of Zimri?
25. What did the “eunuchs” do to Jezebel at the command of Jehu?
26. What did Jehu do to Jezebel?
27. Why did Jehu send his men to go and bury Jezebel?
28. Jezebel’s demise literally fulfilled the prophecy of Elisha. (T) (F).
I & 2 KINGS – CHRONICLES HARMONY-
I. JEHU CONTINUES JUDGMENT UPON THE HOUSE OF AHAB – THE REIGN OF ATHALIAH OVER JUDAH (2 Kings 10-
A. Jehu sends letter to Samaria challenging leaders who protect Ahab’s house to fight for their chosen ruler (10;1-
B. Jehu sends second letter ordering the newly submissive leaders to behead the seventy descendants of Ahab (10:7-
C. Jehu slays the rest of Ahab’s family and supporters (10:11)
D. Jehu slays the royal princes of Judah – brethren of Ahaziah in Samaria (10:12-
E. Jehu welcomes Jehonadab as a supporter (10:15-
F. Jehu completes his successful judgment against the house of Ahab (10:17)
G. The reign of Jehu over Israel (10:18-
H. Jehovah’s promise to Jehu and his house (10:30)
I. The Reign of Athaliah over Judah (11:1-
1. Athaliah slays all the royal seed except Joash (11:1-
2. Jehoiada elevates Joash to throne (11:4-
3. Athaliah meets her death (11:13-
J. Jehoiada makes covenant between God, the King and people (11:17-
1. How many “sons of Ahab” were dwelling in Samaria?
2. What did Jehu challenge the leaders of Jezreel in Samaria to do?
3. Why were the leaders afraid when they received Jehu’s first letter?
4. What did the leaders of Jezreel in Samaria do in accordance to Jehu’s second letter?
5. What was Jehu’s point in admitting of slaying Jehoram, but concerning the seventy sons of Ahab he asks, “who smote all these?”?
6. Who all connected with Ahab in Jezreel met their death at the hands of Jehu?
7. Why were the forty-
8. With whom was the heart of Jehonadab, the son of Rechab, in agreement?
9 By what means did Jehu succeed in getting all the prophets, priests and worshippers of Baal together?
10. What charge did Jehu give to his eighty men regarding the worshippers of Baal?
11. For what did Jehovah praise Jehu?
12. Jehu served Jehovah:
(a). in all things that were right before Jehovah.
(b). in all things of Jehovah that seemed right to Jehu.
13. What promise does Jehovah make with Jehu concerning his sons?
14. Through whom did Jehovah begin to cut off Israel?
15. What parts of Israel begin to be cut off in the days of Jehu?
16. Who was Athaliah?
17. What did Athaliah do to the royal seed of Ahaziah?
18. Who was Jehosheba?
19. How was Joash spared from Athaliah’s actions?
20. How did Jehoiada, the priest, arm his guards of Joash?
21. What all did Jehoiada and the people do when they made Joash the king of Judah?
22. What did Athaliah see when she came to the Temple, and what did she say?
23. Where was Athaliah slain?
24. What thought was behind the covenant of Jehoiada?
25. What did the people do in Jerusalem in response to Jehoiada’s covenant?
26. How old was Joash when he began to reign?
27. How long did Joash reign over Judah?