Click Arrow To Start Audio
I &2 KINGS –CHRONICLES HARMONY LESSON TWENTY-
I. THE EVIL REIGNS OF MANASSEH AND AMON OVER JUDAH (2 Kings 21:1-
A. Manasseh’s accession to the throne (21:1)
1. Begins reign at the age of 12
2. Hephzibah is his mother
3. Reigns 55 years over Judah
B. The idolatrous practices of Manasseh (21:2-
C. Jehovah’s message “by His servants the prophets” (21:10-
D. Manasseh’s further crimes of shedding innocent blood (21:16)
E. Manasseh’s captivity, repentance and restoration (2 Chronicles 33:10-
F. Manasseh’s building projects (2 Chronicles 33:14-
1. Jerusalem’s outer wall
2. Idols of foreign gods taken away with altars – built up the altar of Jehovah – offered sacrifices unto Jehovah
G. Death of Manasseh (21:17-
H Amon’s accession to the throne (21:19, 2 Chronicles 33:21)
1. Begins to reign at the age of 22
2. Meshullemeth, the daughter of Haruz of Jotbah is his mother.
3. Reigns 2 years over Judah
I. Ammon served and worshiped the idols of his father, Manasseh (21:20-
J. Death of Amon (21:23-
1. Manasseh reigned longer than any other Jewish king. (T) (F)
2. Where did Manasseh erect idolatrous altars and the image of Asherah?
3. What did Manasseh do to his son?
4. What popular practice today did Manasseh practice in his day? What was God’s judgment concerning this practice?
5. Was God’s promise of remaining in Jerusalem conditional?
6. The Amorites and the heathen nations around Judah did more evil in the sight of Jehovah than Manasseh did (T) (F)
7. What does Jehovah promise Judah through His servants that will cause both of one’s ears to tingle?
8. What is the line of Samaria and the plummet of Ahab?
9. What does a man wiping a dish have to do with Jehovah and Judah?
10. Besides the various acts of idolatry, what further evil did Manasseh do in Jerusalem?
11. What caused Manasseh to have a change of heart concerning his evil?
12. What was Jehovah’s response to Manasseh’s prayer?
13. What three areas of restoration did Manasseh do?
14. Where was Manasseh buried?
15. Amon lived a righteous life despite the evil influence of Manasseh, his father (T) (F)
16. Amon ________________ Jehovah, the God of his fathers, and _________________
________________________in the way of Jehovah.
17. How did Amon die?
18. What did the people of the land do when Amon died?