Click Arrow To Start Audio
I &2 KINGS –CHRONICLES HARMONY LESSON TWENTY-
I. THE REIGNS OF JEHOAHAZ, JEHOIACHIN AND ZEDEKIAH OVER JUDAH – JUDAH TAKEN INTO BABYLONIAN CAPTIVITY (2 Kings 23:30b-
A. The reign of Jehoahaz (23:30b-
1. People of land put him on the throne – reigns three months
2. Jehoahaz’s evil character (cf. Jeremiah 22:10-
3. Jehoahaz is deposed by Pharaoh-
B. The reign of Jehoiakim (23:34a-
1. Jehoikim is made king by Pharaoh-
2. Jehoikim’s evil character (cf. Jeremiah 26, 36)
3. Jehoikim is tributary to Pharaoh-
4. Jehoikim’s rebellion
5. Jehoikim’s many adversaries
6. The death of Jehoikim (cf. Jeremiah 22:19, 36:30)
C. The reign of Jehoiachin (24:6b-
1. Jehoiachin ascends to throne – reigns three months
2. Jehoiachin’s evil character
3. Jehoiachin is taken into captivity by Nebuchadnezzar
4. Great deportation of exiles to Babylon
D. The reign of Zedekiah (24:17-
1. Zedekiah made King by Nebuchadnezzar – reigns eleven years
2. Zedekiah’s evil character
3. Zedekiah’s rebellion
4. The siege of Jerusalem
5. Zedekiah taken captive by Nebuchadnezzar
E. Appendix to the history of kingdom of Judah (25:8-
1. The overthrow and burning of Jerusalem
2. Remaining nobles slain
3. The treasures of the house of the Lord taken by Chaldeans
4. the last deportation to Babylon
5. Gedaliah is made Governor of Judah
6. The murder of Gedaliah and flight of the people (cf. Jeremiah 40-
7. Jehoiachin is set at liberty.
1. Who placed Jehoahaz on the throne of Judah?
2. How did Jehoahaz manifest evil in his life?
3. How was Jehoahaz removed from being king over Judah?
4. Give two facts that show the supremacy of Egypt and the dependency of Judah during the reign of Jehoiakim?
5. Jehoahaz and Jehoiakim were half-
6. In the days of Nebuchadnezzar,
(a). Jehoiakim was taken captive away into Babylon.
(b). Daniel was taken captive away into Babylon.
(c). Both (a) and (b)
7. What was the attitude of Jehoiakim toward the prophets who spoke the truth in the name of the Lord?
8. What strong power was ending and what world power was rising during the time of the reign of Jehoiakim?
How is the character of Johoiakim’s reign reflected in your answer?
9. How do the times of Jehoiakim’s reign show that God sometimes does not spare us from the consequences of sins?
10. Does the fact that Jehoiakim “slept with his fathers” mean he had a peaceful and respectful death?
11. What was the character of Jehoiachim’s reign in Judah?
12. What did Jehoiachin do after being besieged by Nebuchadnezzar’s servants and then by Nebuchadnezzar himself?
13. How large was the deportation of the people of Judah into Babylonian captivity?
14. What treasures were taken away from Jerusalem into Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar in Jehoiachin’s reign?
15. What did Nebuchadnezzar leave behind in Jerusalem?
16. Who was Mattaniah?
17. Describe the character of Zedekiah’s reign:
18. How long did Nebuchadnezzar besiege Jerusalem before conquering it during Zedekiah’s reign.
19. What happened to Zedekiah and his family when Nebuchadnezzar took Jerusalem?
20. What happened to the city of Jerusalem and the house of God a month after Jerusalem had been overrun by the Chaldeans?
21. What happened to the nobles of Zedekiah in Riblah?
22. What warning did the people left in Jerusalem ignore when Gedaliah was slain?
23. How was Jehoiachin treated in Babylon?