Click Arrow To Start Audio
COLOSSIANS: LESSON 7
I. PAUL’S FINAL INSTRUCTIONS AND SALUTATIONS (4:7-
A. Tychicus and Onesimus to inform brethren of Paul’s condition (4:7-
B. Greetings from Paul’s companions (4:10-
1. Aristarchus (v.10)
2. Mark (v.10)
3. Jesus called Justus (v.11)
4. Epaphras (v. 12-
5. Luke (v. 14)
6. Demas (v. 14)
C. Instructions to the Colossians (4:15-
1. Salute brethren in Laodicea (v. 15)
2. Salute Nymphas and church (v. 15)
3. Read this letter in Laodicea (v. 16)
4. Read letter from Laodicea (v. 16)
5. Tell Archippus to fulfill his ministry (v. 17)
D. Paul’s salutation and benediction (4:18)
1. Continue steadfastly in prayer
2. Walk in wisdom toward non-
a. Tychicus (1) A Macedonian once captured by a Mob
b. Onesimus (2) A close friend of Peter who once left Paul
c. Aristarchus (3) Delivered the Ephesian letter
d. Mark (4) Will later desert Paul in prison
e. Epaphras (5) A run-
f. Luke (6) Preached grace of God in Colossae
g. Demas (7) Needs to finish his special task
h. Archippus (8) A doctor who was with Paul to the end
2. Tychicus making known Paul’s state in prison will bring _____________ to the brethren.
3. Why should Onesimus being described as a faithful brother give us all encouragement as we strive to share the gospel with others?
4. Who also was a prisoner with Paul in Rome?
5. Mark was a ____________ to Paul in prison.
6. ___________ was called Justus and helped __________ Paul.
7. What was Epaphras always doing for his brethren?
8. Who was Nymphas (or Nympha)?
9. Where did the Laodicean church meet?
10. What letter was to be read in Laodicea?
11. The Colossians were to read what letter?
12. What was Archippus to do regarding his ministry?
13. Paul wrote the whole letter to the Colossians with his own hand. (T) (F)
14. Paul wants his brethren to remember his _____________.
15. How would this remembering be done?