Click Arrow To Start Audio
COLOSSIANS: LESSON 1
I. SALUTATIONS AND THANKSGIVING (1:1-
A. From Paul with Timothy (v. 1)
1. Paul – an apostle of Christ by the will of God
2. Timothy – brother in Christ
B. To Saints and Faithful Brethren (v. 2)
1. In Christ
2. At Colossae
3. With grace and peace from God
C. Paul’s Thanksgiving for Brethren (v. 5-
1. Continual thanksgiving (v.3)
2. Upon hearing of brethren’s faith, love and hope fostered which are fostered by the gospel message (v. 4-
a. Message bearing fruit and increasing
b. Message of grace and truth
c. Message learned from Epaphras
(1). Beloved fellow-
(2). Faithful minister of Christ
(3). The brethrens’ love
1. Paul was an “apostle” by whose authority?
2. Who was “the brother” with Paul during his imprisonment in Rome?
3. The faithful brethren in Colossae were _________________.
4. Paul always was praying for his brethren with thanksgiving. (T) (F)
5. Christianity can be summed up in the following three areas:
Faith in __________ ; Love toward _____________; and Hope for ___________.
6. What will the Gospel do anywhere in the world?
7. Growing spiritually comes through:
(a). the truth of God’s grace.
(b). hearing the truth.
(c). knowing the truth.
(d). all of the above.
8. From whom had the Colossians learned of God’s grace?
9. What does it mean to “love in the Spirit”?