Click Arrow To Start Audio
COLOSSIANS: LESSON 2
I. PAUL’S INTERCESSORY PRAYER AND EXALTATION OF CHRIST (1:9-
A. Paul’s request on behalf of brethren (v. 9-
1. Be filled with knowledge.
2. Walk worthily of the Lord.
3. Be Strengthened with God’s might.
4. Give thanks for redemption.
B. Christ: The Pre-
3. Head of church
C. Christ: The Fullness of God (v. 19)
D. Christ: The Reconciler of All Things (v. 20-
1. In body of Jesus’ flesh through death
2. Purpose: present people holy and unreprovable
3. Condition: continue in the faith
1. Which one of the following manifests the requests of Paul’s prayer when his prayer was answered?
a. Filled with knowledge:
(1). Knows much about the Bible
(2). Understands with will of God
(3). Understands that wisdom does not promote humble Christianity
b. Walk worthily:
(1). Gives one’s time to serve in various service organizations.
(2). Understands that increased knowledge and a worthy walk are separate facets of life.
(3). Continually increases in good works and knowledge of God.
c. Be Strengthened:
(1). Has strength to endure persecution
(2). No longer has to expect tribulation in Christ
(3). Has strength to overcome persecutions with joy
2. Why should we be thankful to God for transferring us to another kingdom?
3. How can we know the invisible God?
4. How is the word “firstborn” used in describing the Son of God in verse 15?
5. Who or what holds all things together?
6. Why is it important for Paul to connect the fullness of God and the Creator of all things together in the one Son of God?
7. Reconciliation or peace with God is made only through what?
8. Describe the one who continues in the faith?
9. To what extent had the gospel been preached at the time of this letter?