Click Arrow To Start Audio
COLOSSIANS: LESSON 5
I. IMPLICATIONS OF THE NEW LIFE WITH CHRIST (3:1-
A. Seek The Things Above – Where Christ Is Seated (3:1-
1. Ye Died
2. Life Hid With Christ In God
3. Will Be Manifested With Christ In Glory
B. Put To Death Therefore…Your Members On Earth (3:5-
4. Evil Desire
5. Covetousness – Idolatry
6. Things You Lived In
C. Put Them Away… (3:8-
5. Shameful Speaking
(1). Have put off old man – His doings
(2). Have put on new man – Renewed after image of Creator
(3). No social distinctions
D. Put On Therefore… (3:12-
1. Heart of compassion
6. Forbearing one another
7. Forgiving each other
8. Love – Bond of perfectness
E. Things To Allow… (3:15-
1. Peace Of God Rules Hearts
2. Word Of Christ Dwells Richly
a. In all wisdom
b. Teaching and admonishing one another in song
F. Do All Things In The Name Of The Lord – With Thanksgiving (3:17)
1. When are we “raised together with Christ”?
2. What should we do because we are raised with Christ?
3. Our life is “hid” with Christ in the sense:
a. we are to “hide” the fact that we are Christians in difficult times.
b. we “died” to this world and are looking forward to be “manifested” in glory when Christ returns.
c. we are protected or “hid” from persecutors
4. To the Christian ________________ is our life.
5. Since fornication is a single illicit sexual act, it is impossible to live or continue in such sin. (T) (F)
6. “Passion” relates to “evil desire” as desire out of control which lust or evil desire arouses (T) (F)
7. Covetousness is _____________________. Why?
8. What are “our members” that we are to put to death on the earth?
9. “Anger” is distinguished from “wrath” in:
a. anger is never a divine emotion while wrath sometimes is.
b. anger is a more settled condition while wrath is a sudden outburst.
c. anger quickly subsides while wrath leads to revenge
10. What sin can lead to the sin of “railing” or “blasphemy”?
11. What three sins of speech are we to put away from our lives?
12. The Christian life manifests the PUTTING __________ the ___________ man and the PUTTING ___________ the ____________ man.
13. How is the Christian renewed?
14. Why are there no social distinctions in the kingdom of Christ?
15. What THREE characteristics of Old Testament Israel characterize New Testament Christians today?
16. Our Christian expressions of “kindness” should come out of hearts of _______________ instead of just a since of duty.
17. Putting on “lowliness” as a Christian is:
a. to have a low opinion of oneself.
b. to have room in his mind to think of the needs of others.
c. to never acknowledge one’s superior talents.
18. “Meekness” is:
a. a combination of gentleness and submission to authority.
c. none of the above
19. “Longsuffering” will manifest itself in ________________ one another.
20. How are we to forgive one another?
21. What holds these Christians qualities together?
22. What is to be “the umpire” in the thoughts of our hearts?
23. How does the word of Christ dwell richly in the Christian?
24. In our singing we are _________________ and _______________ one another.
25. What type of songs are we to sing in our worship?
26. What is to be in our hearts when we sing?
27. What should always be connected with our words and deeds?
COLOSSIANS: LESSON 6
I. INSTRUCTIONS FOR OUR RELATIONSHIPS (3:18-
A. Wives and Husbands (3:18-
1. Wives be in subjection to husbands
2. Husbands love wives.
B. Children and Fathers (3:20-
1. Children obey parents.
2. Fathers do not provoke children.
C. Slaves and Masters (3:22-
1. Obey Masters
2. Masters render what is just and right to slaves
D. Christians and the World (4:2-
1. Continue steadfastly in prayer
2. Walk in wisdom toward non-
1. What fact should encourage a wife to submit to the authority of her husband?
2. A husband who constantly offers his wife sharp criticism does not _____________ his wife.
3. Why should children obey their parents?
4. When should children NOT obey their parents?
5. What must a father be careful of in disciplining his children?
6. HOW should a slave who is a Christian obey his master?
7. The Christian is serving the ________________ when he obeys his master in the flesh.
8. Why should a master be just and fair with his servants?
9. The institution of slavery was instituted by God (T) (F).
10. What should all Christians continue to be strong in all their lives?
11. For what did Paul want his brethren to pray in his behalf?
12. The Christian life should be a ______________ in _______________ toward non-
13. What wise treatment of our opportunities must we manifest towards the world?
14. Why must our speech be always with grace seasoned with salt before the world?