Click Arrow To Start Audio
EZRA – NEHEMIAH: LESSON ONE
I. ISAREL’S RETURN TO JERUSALEM UNDER ZERUBBABEL (SHESHBAZZAR) (Ezra 1-
A. The decree of Cyrus (1:1-
B. Response to decree (1:5-
C. The number of those who returned and the names of the chiefs (2:1-
D. Offerings made upon arrival in Jerusalem (2:68-
E. Restoration of the altar (3:1-
F. Celebration of the feast of tabernacles (3:4)
G. Permanent establishment of daily sacrifice, monthly sacrifices feasts and free-
H. Preparation of materials for rebuilding temple (3:7)
I. Laying of the foundation of the temple (3:8-
1. Who was Cyrus, and how did he become associated with the Babylonian exile?
2. Why was Cyrus willing to let the Israelites go back to Jerusalem? Was this predicted?
3. What made the Jews willing to leave for Jerusalem?
4. Who was Sheshbazzar, and how was he assisted in going to Jerusalem?
5. How many returned with Zerubbabel?
6. What did Jews take with them?
7. What was the first thing done on arrival in Jerusalem?
8. How long after returning to Jerusalem did Zerubbabel and the people begin to rebuild the temple?
9. Why was weeping mingled with joy?