Click Arrow To Start Audio
EZRA – NEHEMIAH: LESSON FIVE
I. THE BEGINNING OF NEHEMIAH’S WORK TO REBUILD THE WALLS OF JERUSALEM (Chapters 1-
A. Nehemiah hears sad news from Judah (1:1-
B. Nehemiah’s grief and prayer (1:4-
C. Nehemiah’s commission to rebuild the walls (2:1-
D. Nehemiah’s journey and night visit of the wall (2:9-
E. Nehemiah’s preparation to build, and the scorn from the Samaritans (2:17-
F. The names of the builders and their places of work (3:1-
1. In what year did Nehemiah hear sad news concerning Jerusalem?
2. Where was Nehemiah when he received the news?
3. _____________________________ told Nehemiah that the wall of Jerusalem was ______________ _________________ and the gates thereof were ____________ with _______________.
4. In Nehemiah’s prayer, describe Nehemiah’s concept of the character of God: Now, show how his prayer and petitions build on that understanding:
5. Nehemiah wanted God to grant him mercy in the sight of what man?
6. Nehemiah was a ________________________ to the king.
7. How long was it from the time that Nehemiah heard the sad news concerning Jerusalem until the king asks Nehemiah about his sadness?
8. Why was Nehemiah afraid of being sad before King Artaxerxes?
9. What did Nehemiah do first when the king asked him about his request?
10. Why did Nehemiah want letters sent to Asaph?
11. Who accompanied Nehemiah to Jerusalem?
12. _______________ and _____________________ were grieved to hear of Nehemiah’s coming to Jerusalem? Why?
13. What did Nehemiah do before he told men of his plans in coming to Jerusalem?
14. What did Nehemiah say and reveal that caused the Jews to say, “Let us rise up and build.”?
15. Describe the faith that Nehemiah had in the face of laughing scorn?
16. The rebuilding work done by the priests was closely connected with the temple. (T) (F)
17. The leaders of what group of people refused to get involved with the rebuilding project? How do we know that the group did not allow such refusal to dampen the builders’ zeal?
18. What connection appears to take place between the place the workers are placed and the portion of wall they rebuild?