Click Arrow To Start Audio
GALATIANS: LESSON 2
II. PAUL’S GOSPEL AND APOSTLESHIP OF DIVINE ORIGIN (1:11-
A. The Divine Source of his Gospel (1:11-
B. Proof of its Divine Origin (1:13-
1. Paul’s early life was against the gospel of Christ (v. 13-
2. Paul’s apostolic call and early preaching were not from men (v. 15-
3. Paul’s visit to Jerusalem was later than when he received the gospel and not long enough for instruction in the gospel (v. 18-
1. Paul’s gospel came to Him by _____________________________________________.
2. Paul’s gospel came NOT to him by _________________________________________.
3. How did Paul make “havoc” of the church?
4. How did Paul compare with his fellow Jews in “zeal?”
5. Paul was ______________ by God to preach unto the Gentiles?
6. Paul received advice from the apostles in Jerusalem before he began to preach to the Gentiles. (T) (F)
7. Before Paul left Damascus for Jerusalem, he went to __________________________________. (Locate this place on a map)
8. Paul’s first visit to Jerusalem came __________________ years after his conversion to the Lord.
9. How long was this first visit in Jerusalem?
10. Whom all did Paul see on this first visit in Jerusalem?
11. Did Paul visit with the churches in Judea before departing to the regions of Syria and Cilicia?
12. What did the churches of Judea know about Paul?
GALATIANS: LESSON 3
III. PAUL’S GOSPEL AND APOSTLESHIP IS INDEPENDENT OF MEN AND WORKS OF THE LAW (2:1-
A. Paul presents his gospel of grace and withstands the necessity of circumcision in Jerusalem conference (2:1-
B. Paul withstands Peter’s hypocritical actions in connection with the gospel of grace (2:11-
C. Paul presents arguments for works of law not being connected with the gospel of grace in making man righteous 2:15-
1. The span of fourteen years connects Paul’s (a) first visit to Jerusalem (b) conversion or (c) the stay in Syria and Cilicia with his coming to Jerusalem in Galatians 2:1.
2. The visit to Jerusalem in 2:1 is recorded in (a) Acts 9:26-
3. If Paul’s gospel and apostleship is not of men, why did he feel it necessary to go to “men of repute” privately to present his gospel?
4. Titus was not circumcised in Jerusalem because:
a. circumcision is wrong.
b. in Christ we are free from do’s and don’ts.
c. circumcision has no place in the system of justifying man by grace.
d. the truth of the gospel needed to remain with the brethren.
e. both (c) and (d).
f. both (b) and (d)
5. Was there a doctrinal difference between Paul’s gospel and that of the other apostles? (Explain your answer.)
6. Paul’s gospel and apostleship was confirmed by the other apostles. (T) (F)
7. What was Paul zealous to do?
8. Why did Paul have to resist Cephas in Antioch?
9. What expressions show that Peter’s fault was one of conduct rather than teaching?
10. A man is __________________ justified by the works of the Law but through ________________in Jesus Christ.
11. “By the ______________ of the law shall __________ flesh be _________________.”
12. Give Paul’s two points in showing the absurdity of attempting to combine “works of law” with “justification” found in Christ.
13. How did Paul “through the law” die “unto the law?”
14. Describe the faith that Paul “lived” by:
15. What is made void if righteousness is through the law?