Click Arrow To Start Audio
GALATIANS: LESSON 3
III. PAUL’S GOSPEL AND APOSTLESHIP IS INDEPENDENT OF MEN AND WORKS OF THE LAW (2:1-
A. Paul presents his gospel of grace and withstands the necessity of circumcision in Jerusalem conference (2:1-
B. Paul withstands Peter’s hypocritical actions in connection with the gospel of grace (2:11-
C. Paul presents arguments for works of law not being connected with the gospel of grace in making man righteous 2:15-
1. The span of fourteen years connects Paul’s (a) first visit to Jerusalem (b) conversion or (c) the stay in Syria and Cilicia with his coming to Jerusalem in Galatians 2:1.
2. The visit to Jerusalem in 2:1 is recorded in (a) Acts 9:26-
3. If Paul’s gospel and apostleship is not of men, why did he feel it necessary to go to “men of repute” privately to present his gospel?
4. Titus was not circumcised in Jerusalem because:
a. circumcision is wrong.
b. in Christ we are free from do’s and don’ts.
c. circumcision has no place in the system of justifying man by grace.
d. the truth of the gospel needed to remain with the brethren.
e. both (c) and (d).
f. both (b) and (d)
5. Was there a doctrinal difference between Paul’s gospel and that of the other apostles? (Explain your answer.)
6. Paul’s gospel and apostleship was confirmed by the other apostles. (T) (F)
7. What was Paul zealous to do?
8. Why did Paul have to resist Cephas in Antioch?
9. What expressions show that Peter’s fault was one of conduct rather than teaching?
10. A man is __________________ justified by the works of the Law but through ________________in Jesus Christ.
11. “By the ______________ of the law shall __________ flesh be _________________.”
12. Give Paul’s two points in showing the absurdity of attempting to combine “works of law” with “justification” found in Christ.
13. How did Paul “through the law” die “unto the law?”
14. Describe the faith that Paul “lived” by:
15. What is made void if righteousness is through the law?
GALATIANS: LESSON 4
I. THE SUPERIOR SYSTEM OF JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH PROVEN AND ILLUSTRATED (3:1-
A. Proven by: (v. 1-
1. Reception of Holy Spirit (v. 1-
2. Case of Abraham (v. 6-
3. Inability of Law to justify (v. 10-
4. Death of Christ on the cross (v. 13-
B. Superiority of the Gospel to the Law (v. 15-
1. Illustrated by covenant of promise not disannulled by later law (v. 15-
2. Law was a temporary arrangement (v. 19-
(a). Added because of transgression till the promise comes through Christ (v. 19-
(b). A tutor till righteousness comes through faith (v. 23-
1. Why were the Gentiles “foolish?”
2. Jesus was crucified openly before the eyes of the Galatians by:
(a). the Galatians being eye-
(b). the Galatians hearing the gospel preached.
3. To “receive the Spirit” in Galatians 3 means to:
(a). receive miraculous spiritual gifts.
(b). receive the blessings of salvation through the gospel.
(c). receive the Holy Spirit personally in your body.
4. Who are the “sons of Abraham?”
5. How is God fulfilling the promise to Abraham, “in thee shall all the nations be blessed?”
6. Why can’t we be justified before God under the system: “works of the law?”
7. Christ redeems us from:
(a). our sins
(b). the curse of the law
(c) hanging on a tree
(d). all the above
(e). a & b
8. Why did an inspired apostle Paul speak “after the manner of men?”
9. Why is the “seed” of promise singular and not “seeds,” plural?
10. To whom does “the seed” refer?
11. The law came _______________________ after God’s covenant of promise to Abraham.
12. “If the inheritance is of the _____________ it is no more of __________________.”
13. The law was given:
(a). because of sins.
(b). till Christ should come.
(c). to make people alive in righteousness.
(d). all of the above.
(e). a & b.
(f). a & c
14. How was the law a “tutor?”
15. How long was the law a tutor?
16. We are sons of God through:
(a). faith “only.”
(b). believing in Christ and being baptized into Christ.
(c). the faith revealed in the Gospel.
(d). a & c
(e). b & c
17. Why can we have unity among all social classes in Christ?
18. If we are Christ’s we are considered Abraham’s seed. (T) (F)