Click Arrow To Start Audio
GALATIANS: LESSON 4
I. THE SUPERIOR SYSTEM OF JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH PROVEN AND ILLUSTRATED (3:1-
A. Proven by: (v. 1-
1. Reception of Holy Spirit (v. 1-
2. Case of Abraham (v. 6-
3. Inability of Law to justify (v. 10-
4. Death of Christ on the cross (v. 13-
B. Superiority of the Gospel to the Law (v. 15-
1. Illustrated by covenant of promise not disannulled by later law (v. 15-
2. Law was a temporary arrangement (v. 19-
(a). Added because of transgression till the promise comes through Christ (v. 19-
(b). A tutor till righteousness comes through faith (v. 23-
1. Why were the Gentiles “foolish?”
2. Jesus was crucified openly before the eyes of the Galatians by:
(a). the Galatians being eye-
(b). the Galatians hearing the gospel preached.
3. To “receive the Spirit” in Galatians 3 means to:
(a). receive miraculous spiritual gifts.
(b). receive the blessings of salvation through the gospel.
(c). receive the Holy Spirit personally in your body.
4. Who are the “sons of Abraham?”
5. How is God fulfilling the promise to Abraham, “in thee shall all the nations be blessed?”
6. Why can’t we be justified before God under the system: “works of the law?”
7. Christ redeems us from:
(a). our sins
(b). the curse of the law
(c) hanging on a tree
(d). all the above
(e). a & b
8. Why did an inspired apostle Paul speak “after the manner of men?”
9. Why is the “seed” of promise singular and not “seeds,” plural?
10. To whom does “the seed” refer?
11. The law came _______________________ after God’s covenant of promise to Abraham.
12. “If the inheritance is of the _____________ it is no more of __________________.”
13. The law was given:
(a). because of sins.
(b). till Christ should come.
(c). to make people alive in righteousness.
(d). all of the above.
(e). a & b.
(f). a & c
14. How was the law a “tutor?”
15. How long was the law a tutor?
16. We are sons of God through:
(a). faith “only.”
(b). believing in Christ and being baptized into Christ.
(c). the faith revealed in the Gospel.
(d). a & c
(e). b & c
17. Why can we have unity among all social classes in Christ?
18. If we are Christ’s we are considered Abraham’s seed. (T) (F)