Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON ONE
I. PROLOGUE: JEHOVAH’S WAY TOWARDS PURIFICATION OF HIS
UNGRATEFUL AND REBELLIOUS PEOPLE (Chapter 1).
A. Title of Book and Times: (v.1)
1. “Vision of Isaiah” – Concerning Judah and Jeruslam.
2. During reigns of Kings Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah
B. Israel’s corruption is the cause of alienation from God and national calamities ( v.2-
C. Israel’s corruptness makes the outward forms of worship worthless before God (v.10-
D. God’s remedy proposed (v.16-
E. God’s invitation for Israel to reason with him concerning which side the fault of their calamities lay (v. 18-
1. Deliverance to the willing and obedient.
2. Destruction to those who refuse God’s mercy and are rebellious.
F. The once faithful city has become a harlot filled with unrighteousness and injustice (v. 21-
G. God will once again have a city of righteousness through the purging process of destruction of the sinners who in power wield unrighteousness and forsake God. (24-
1. What was the source of Isaiah’s “vision”?
2. How does God describe the deplorable state of His people’s ingratitude toward Him?
3. God’s people laden with sin are _________________ and have gone _______________ .
4. What had not worked to turn God’s sinful people back to Him?
5. In a figure of a body, how sick was Israel?
6. What is the meaning of Zion being like a “booth in a vineyard” and as a “lodge in a garden of cucumbers” ?
7. Why was Israel not like Sodom and Gomorrah?
8. Yet, as Sodom and Gomorrah, what does Israel need to heed?
9. How does God view the following attitude: If we assemble and participate in the various forms of worship unto God, then He will be pleased with our worship?
10. What can happen in Heaven as we are spreading our hands in prayer on earth? Why?
11. In being “clean” what must Israel do?
12. In “learning to do well” what must Israel “seek”?
13. What is God encouraging Israel to do when He says, “Come now, and let us reason together” ?
14. If Israel would be _________ and ______________ they would eat the ______________ of the ______________.
15. If Israel would _____________ and ____________ they would be devoured by the ______________ .
16. Describe the present condition of the once “faithful city “of Jerusalem?
17. What process will God use to restore Zion to a city of righteousness ?
18. Why would the sinners“ be ashamed of the oaks, and confounded for the gardens ye have chosen?