Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON SEVEN
I. THE BURDENS OF PHYLISTIA, MOAB AND DAMASCUS (14:28-
A. Burden against Phylistia (14:28-
1. Time of prophesy: The year that Ahaz died.
2. Phylistia not to rejoice over Judah’s current weak condition.
3. Phylistia will be destroyed by foe from the north – Judah will be spared.
B. Burden against Moab (15:1-
1. Capital city – Ar and military strongholds – Kir, along with principal cities will be weeping over their sudden destruction.
2. Moab’s protection is in Zion – But their pride and arrogance against God will be their downfall.
3. Prophecy to be fulfilled within three years.
C. Burden against Damascus (Samaria) (17:1-
1. Damascus and her confederate Ephraim will be taken into Assyrian captivity.
2. Remnant left of the glory of Jacob
3. Ephraim will look to God in their distress and not their idols.
4. Their oppressor Assyria will be overthrown.
1. Why were the last days of Ahaz a time for rejoicing in Phylistia over Judah?
2. Who is coming from the north that will cause howling in the gates of Phylistia’s cities?
3. What is Isaiah’s description of this enemy from the north?
4. When the enemy comes upon Phylistia, what will messengers be reporting about Judah?
5. Describe the EFFECTS of destruction of Moab upon her inhabitants:
6. How did Isaiah feel about Moab’s destruction?
7. Why was “sending lambs” to the mount of the daughter of Zion important for Moab to do?
8. Why is Zion a place for refuge?
9. What will happen to Moab’s arrogance and boastings?
10. Where will Moab go to pray? What will result from this activity?
11. Who revealed this prophecy against Moab “in time past”?
12. When does Isaiah his prophecy will be fulfilled?
13. Describe the remnant that will be left behind in Moab?
14. Why is Ephraim included in the burden against Damascus?
15. How is a remnant of the glory of Jacob described by Isaiah?
16. In the day of God’s judgment upon Ephraim to whom will the people look?
17. What did not help Ephraim in the day of God’s judgment upon them?
18. When was the prophecy against Damascus and Ephraim fulfilled?
19. Who will rise up against the foe of Damascus and Ephraim?
20. What will happen to the oppressor of Damascus and Ephraim?