Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON THIRTEEN
I. GLORY OF JEHOVAH MANIFESTED IN LIGHT OF JUDGMENT UPON THE NATIONS –EDOM, AND HIS BLESSINGS UPON ZION (Chapters 34-
A. The call for all the nations to hear of the judicial wrath of God to come upon them in their representative:
1. God’s wrath manifested against all the nations (v. 1-
2. Dead bodies unburied and deluge of human blood accompany a calamitous downfall (v. 3-
3. God’s sword comes down in righteous judgment-
4. God’s judgment upon the nations is a day of vengeance and recompense for Zion (v.8).
5. Eternal ruin and desolation accompanies God’s wrath upon the nations who are enemies of God’s people – Edom (v. 9-
6. The surety of the fulfillment of the prophecy of everlasting desolation emphasized (v. 16-
B. Zion flourishes out of a desert land (35:1-
1. God’s glory will be seen as He causes God’s people to flourish again (v. 1-
2. God’s people exhorted to encourage the weak and fearful as they wait for God’s vengeance to come upon her enemies and they be saved (v. 3-
3. The blind, deaf, lame and dumb are healed (v. 5-
4. The dry land shall flourish with vitalizing water (v. 7).
5. A “highway” of holiness will be clearly seen for the joyous holy and redeemed to travel upon and find protection (v. 8-
1. Why is Edom named when God calls all the nations to hear of his approaching judgment upon them?
2. What will happen to “the heavens” in the context of God’s judgment upon the nations?
3. Before God’s sword comes upon Edom, what will it have done in heaven? What is the significance of this fact?
4. What is Bozrah to Edom? What is Bozrah to God?
5. God’s judgment upon the nations is a day of _________________ and a year of ______________________ for the ________________ of Zion.
6. Give three descriptions that show that Edom will be in perpetual desolation.
7. What tools usually utilized for building does Isaiah use to describe desolation?
8. How sure should one be that God’s prophecy of everlasting desolation upon the nations will occur?
9. What will cause God’s people to rejoice and sing again?
10. When God’s people are weak and fearful how can we encourage one another to be strong?
11. What two general descriptions does Isaiah give of God’s glory being manifested?
12. Describe the “highway” that is connected with God manifesting His glory?
13. Who shall walk on this highway?