Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON SIXTEEN
I. COMFORT FOR GOD’S PEOPLE: GOD IS COMING WITH STRENGTH (Chapter 40).
A. Voices of comfort directed towards Zion (v. 1-
1. Jerusalem’s sins pardoned (v.1-
2. A highway prepared for all flesh to see the glory of God (v.3-
3. Jehovah and His word stand forever (v.6-
4. Good tidings for Judah because Jehovah is coming as the mighty one and comforting shepherd (v.9-
B. The incomparable God -
1. Jehovah greater than His creation.
2. Jehovah has no counselors to teach and direct Him.
3. Jehovah greater than the nations.
4. Jehovah greater than idols.
C. God has not forgotten Israel – He comes to renew her strength (v. 27-
1. What was looked upon as being accomplished that could be of comfort for Jerusalem?
2. Had Jerusalem literally received double punishment for her sins?
3. Why does a voice cry for a “highway” to be prepared?
4. How do we know that this prophecy will be fulfilled?
5. Who fulfilled this prophecy as being the voice crying in the wilderness?
6. How are people like “grass”?
7. What shall stand forever?
8. What does a voice cry out for Jerusalem to behold?
9. How is God like a “mighty one”?
10. How is God like a “shepherd”?
11. How is God “larger” than heaven and earth?
12. Where did God get his knowledge and understanding of the way of justice?
13. What are the nations like before Jehovah?
14. How is God magnified by Lebanon’s insufficiency?
15. What determines the glory and stability of idols?
16. God is He “who sitteth above the ____________ of the _______________, and the inhabitants thereof are as __________________. “
17. When you look at the sky, what actions of God does Isaiah invite you to consider as you dwell under the heavens?
18. When you look at the stars and planets what three facts should you consider regarding God?
19. What does a complaining Israel need to know about God?
20. What does a complaining Israel need to do regarding their relationship with God? What blessing from God will they receive?