Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON SIXTEEN
I. COMFORT FOR GOD’S PEOPLE: GOD IS COMING WITH STRENGTH (Chapter 40).
A. Voices of comfort directed towards Zion (v. 1-
1. Jerusalem’s sins pardoned (v.1-
2. A highway prepared for all flesh to see the glory of God (v.3-
3. Jehovah and His word stand forever (v.6-
4. Good tidings for Judah because Jehovah is coming as the mighty one and comforting shepherd (v.9-
B. The incomparable God -
1. Jehovah greater than His creation.
2. Jehovah has no counselors to teach and direct Him.
3. Jehovah greater than the nations.
4. Jehovah greater than idols.
C. God has not forgotten Israel – He comes to renew her strength (v. 27-
1. What was looked upon as being accomplished that could be of comfort for Jerusalem?
2. Had Jerusalem literally received double punishment for her sins?
3. Why does a voice cry for a “highway” to be prepared?
4. How do we know that this prophecy will be fulfilled?
5. Who fulfilled this prophecy as being the voice crying in the wilderness?
6. How are people like “grass”?
7. What shall stand forever?
8. What does a voice cry out for Jerusalem to behold?
9. How is God like a “mighty one”?
10. How is God like a “shepherd”?
11. How is God “larger” than heaven and earth?
12. Where did God get his knowledge and understanding of the way of justice?
13. What are the nations like before Jehovah?
14. How is God magnified by Lebanon’s insufficiency?
15. What determines the glory and stability of idols?
16. God is He “who sitteth above the ____________ of the _______________, and the inhabitants thereof are as __________________. “
17. When you look at the sky, what actions of God does Isaiah invite you to consider as you dwell under the heavens?
18. When you look at the stars and planets what three facts should you consider regarding God?
19. What does a complaining Israel need to know about God?
20. What does a complaining Israel need to do regarding their relationship with God? What blessing from God will they receive?
ISAIAH – LESSON SEVENTEEN
I. GOD CALLS IDOLATROUS NATIONS TO MEET HIM IN THE NAME OF RIGHTEOUSNESS – COMFORT FOR ISRAEL (Chapter 41).
A. Jehovah challenges nations to defend their idols before Him, the first and the last, and who is bringing one from the East (Cyrus) upon the nations (v.1-
B. Jehovah exhorts his servant Israel to not fear because God’s people will overcome their enemies (v. 8-
C. Jehovah is the answer to suffering Israel – Holy One of Israel will bring life again to the people (v.17-
D. Jehovah challenges idols of heathen nations to defend themselves before Him who knows the later end and predicts the future (v.21-
E. Jehovah declares before the time that He is raising up one from the North (Cyrus) to come upon the nations – Comfort for Jerusalem (v.25-
1. God commands the Islands to ___________ _________________ . What is the significance of this command?
2. Who is to renew their strength?
3. God wants all parties to come near together to ___________________ .
4. Who would be the one called out from the east (v.2)? Is this one the same who is called from the north (v.25)?
5. God calleth the one from the east in _________________ to his _____________ .
6. What characteristics of Jehovah does He present before the idolatrous nations?
7. Why are the isles saying one to another, “be of good courage”? What are they doing in the midst of their encouragement?
8. “But thou, Israel, my _____________, Jacob whom I have _________________, the seed of Abraham my ___________
9. Why should Jacob not fear their enemies?
10. How does God brighten the spirits of his thirsty people?
11. In the second challenge (v.21-
(a). Who is addressed:
(b). Characteristics of Jehovah emphasized:
12. The one raised from the north is one who _____________ upon God’s ________________.
13. What will the nations be like before the one who comes from the north?
14. How will the coming of one from the north be good tidings to Jerusalem?
15. Why is there no one able to answer a word before Jehovah?