Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON SEVENTEEN
I. GOD CALLS IDOLATROUS NATIONS TO MEET HIM IN THE NAME OF RIGHTEOUSNESS – COMFORT FOR ISRAEL (Chapter 41).
A. Jehovah challenges nations to defend their idols before Him, the first and the last, and who is bringing one from the East (Cyrus) upon the nations (v.1-
B. Jehovah exhorts his servant Israel to not fear because God’s people will overcome their enemies (v. 8-
C. Jehovah is the answer to suffering Israel – Holy One of Israel will bring life again to the people (v.17-
D. Jehovah challenges idols of heathen nations to defend themselves before Him who knows the later end and predicts the future (v.21-
E. Jehovah declares before the time that He is raising up one from the North (Cyrus) to come upon the nations – Comfort for Jerusalem (v.25-
1. God commands the Islands to ___________ _________________ . What is the significance of this command?
2. Who is to renew their strength?
3. God wants all parties to come near together to ___________________ .
4. Who would be the one called out from the east (v.2)? Is this one the same who is called from the north (v.25)?
5. God calleth the one from the east in _________________ to his _____________ .
6. What characteristics of Jehovah does He present before the idolatrous nations?
7. Why are the isles saying one to another, “be of good courage”? What are they doing in the midst of their encouragement?
8. “But thou, Israel, my _____________, Jacob whom I have _________________, the seed of Abraham my ___________
9. Why should Jacob not fear their enemies?
10. How does God brighten the spirits of his thirsty people?
11. In the second challenge (v.21-
(a). Who is addressed:
(b). Characteristics of Jehovah emphasized:
12. The one raised from the north is one who _____________ upon God’s ________________.
13. What will the nations be like before the one who comes from the north?
14. How will the coming of one from the north be good tidings to Jerusalem?
15. Why is there no one able to answer a word before Jehovah?