Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON SEVENTEEN
I. GOD CALLS IDOLATROUS NATIONS TO MEET HIM IN THE NAME OF RIGHTEOUSNESS – COMFORT FOR ISRAEL (Chapter 41).
A. Jehovah challenges nations to defend their idols before Him, the first and the last, and who is bringing one from the East (Cyrus) upon the nations (v.1-
B. Jehovah exhorts his servant Israel to not fear because God’s people will overcome their enemies (v. 8-
C. Jehovah is the answer to suffering Israel – Holy One of Israel will bring life again to the people (v.17-
D. Jehovah challenges idols of heathen nations to defend themselves before Him who knows the later end and predicts the future (v.21-
E. Jehovah declares before the time that He is raising up one from the North (Cyrus) to come upon the nations – Comfort for Jerusalem (v.25-
1. God commands the Islands to ___________ _________________ . What is the significance of this command?
2. Who is to renew their strength?
3. God wants all parties to come near together to ___________________ .
4. Who would be the one called out from the east (v.2)? Is this one the same who is called from the north (v.25)?
5. God calleth the one from the east in _________________ to his _____________ .
6. What characteristics of Jehovah does He present before the idolatrous nations?
7. Why are the isles saying one to another, “be of good courage”? What are they doing in the midst of their encouragement?
8. “But thou, Israel, my _____________, Jacob whom I have _________________, the seed of Abraham my ___________
9. Why should Jacob not fear their enemies?
10. How does God brighten the spirits of his thirsty people?
11. In the second challenge (v.21-
(a). Who is addressed:
(b). Characteristics of Jehovah emphasized:
12. The one raised from the north is one who _____________ upon God’s ________________.
13. What will the nations be like before the one who comes from the north?
14. How will the coming of one from the north be good tidings to Jerusalem?
15. Why is there no one able to answer a word before Jehovah?
ISAIAH – LESSON EIGHTEEN
I. PROPHECY OF THE COMING AND WORK OF THE MEDIATOR
OF ISRAEL – THE SAVIOUR OF THE GENTILES (42:1-
A. The commendation and character of God’s servant who will bring justice to all including the Gentiles (42:1-
B. Jehovah, by His unique power, will uphold His servant to carry out His will – establishing a covenant and being a light to the Gentiles (42:5-
C. A new song will be sung to praise Jehovah for delivering His people from her enemies (42:10-
D. God can no longer keep back his wrath – the remnant not forsaken while the idolatrous are put to shame (42:14-
E. God reproves his formerly disobedient people and exhorts them to truly see (42:18-
F. God consoles His people – God will not forsake them (43:1-
G. Before the idolatrous nations, God can appeal to his people as witnesses of his power to deliver – idols have no witnesses (43:8-
1. Identify “my servant” in the following verses of Isaiah
(a). 41:8 -
(b). 42:1 -
(c). 42:19 –
2. Give three ways Jesus fulfills Isaiah 42:1-
3. Give three areas in which Jehovah differentiates Himself to His servant?
4. In righteousness, God will give His servant for a __________________ and for a __________________ unto the Gentiles.
5. Who will sing unto Jehovah a “new song”? Why will they sing a “new song”?
6. For what purpose can God no longer hold His peace?
7. What illustration does God give describing the end of his being still and holding his peace?
8. Whom will God lead, and who will be turned back?
9. Why had God’s people been plundered and been vulnerable as prey?
10. What three things does God say He did for his people, Jacob and Israel?
11. What does God promise that He will not do to His people?
12. Who will God give as a ransom for His people? Why is this righteous before God?
13. Why does God invite certain of the blind and deaf out to meet Him with all the nations?