Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON EIGHTEEN
I. PROPHECY OF THE COMING AND WORK OF THE MEDIATOR
OF ISRAEL – THE SAVIOUR OF THE GENTILES (42:1-
A. The commendation and character of God’s servant who will bring justice to all including the Gentiles (42:1-
B. Jehovah, by His unique power, will uphold His servant to carry out His will – establishing a covenant and being a light to the Gentiles (42:5-
C. A new song will be sung to praise Jehovah for delivering His people from her enemies (42:10-
D. God can no longer keep back his wrath – the remnant not forsaken while the idolatrous are put to shame (42:14-
E. God reproves his formerly disobedient people and exhorts them to truly see (42:18-
F. God consoles His people – God will not forsake them (43:1-
G. Before the idolatrous nations, God can appeal to his people as witnesses of his power to deliver – idols have no witnesses (43:8-
1. Identify “my servant” in the following verses of Isaiah
(a). 41:8 -
(b). 42:1 -
(c). 42:19 –
2. Give three ways Jesus fulfills Isaiah 42:1-
3. Give three areas in which Jehovah differentiates Himself to His servant?
4. In righteousness, God will give His servant for a __________________ and for a __________________ unto the Gentiles.
5. Who will sing unto Jehovah a “new song”? Why will they sing a “new song”?
6. For what purpose can God no longer hold His peace?
7. What illustration does God give describing the end of his being still and holding his peace?
8. Whom will God lead, and who will be turned back?
9. Why had God’s people been plundered and been vulnerable as prey?
10. What three things does God say He did for his people, Jacob and Israel?
11. What does God promise that He will not do to His people?
12. Who will God give as a ransom for His people? Why is this righteous before God?
13. Why does God invite certain of the blind and deaf out to meet Him with all the nations?