Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON NINETEEN
I. JEHOVAH AS AVENGER AND DELIVER IN CONTRAST TO THE RIDICULOUS PRACTICE OF IDOLATRY AMONG THE NATIONS (43:14-
A. Jehovah will reduce the proud Chaldeans of Babylon to being fugitives (43:13-
B. Jehovah will bring water to the wilderness as a new thing that will cause His people to rejoice (43:18-
C. Israel has not brought sacrifices to Jehovah but has wearied Him with their sins (43:22-
D. Jehovah summons Israel to hear and not fear for He will pour forth blessings from His Spirit upon them (44:1-
E. God appeals to His people as witnesses to the fact that there is no God but Him (44:6-
F. The vanity of the idolater and his idols (44:9-
G. In forgiveness God is glorified in Israel, His servant (44:21-
1. “___________________ will be brought down all of them as _________________, even the __________________, in the _____________ of their _____________________”
2. When had God manifested in history his ability to “ make a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters”?
3. What of Babylon will be quenched as a wick?
4. What “new thing” will God do for Israel?
5. Why has God not burdened his people with offerings nor received offerings from his people?
6. Israel has burdened God with their ____________________ .
7. Why has God made Jacob and curse and Israel a reviling?
8. Who was Israel’s first father who sinned?
9. Why must God be put in remembrance in 43:26?
10. Jehovah __________________ Israel, and __________________ Israel and He will ___________________ Israel.
11. What does “Jeshurun” mean? Who is described as Jeshurun?
12. What will result from the blessings coming from God and His Spirit?
13. From 44:6-
14. Why is one who constructs idols described as “vanity” in 44:9?
15. How does Isaiah help his readers to recognize the “folly” of idolatry?
16. What were Israel’s sins like and what has God done with them?
17. How will God be glorified in Israel?