Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON NINETEEN
I. JEHOVAH AS AVENGER AND DELIVER IN CONTRAST TO THE RIDICULOUS PRACTICE OF IDOLATRY AMONG THE NATIONS (43:14-
A. Jehovah will reduce the proud Chaldeans of Babylon to being fugitives (43:13-
B. Jehovah will bring water to the wilderness as a new thing that will cause His people to rejoice (43:18-
C. Israel has not brought sacrifices to Jehovah but has wearied Him with their sins (43:22-
D. Jehovah summons Israel to hear and not fear for He will pour forth blessings from His Spirit upon them (44:1-
E. God appeals to His people as witnesses to the fact that there is no God but Him (44:6-
F. The vanity of the idolater and his idols (44:9-
G. In forgiveness God is glorified in Israel, His servant (44:21-
1. “___________________ will be brought down all of them as _________________, even the __________________, in the _____________ of their _____________________”
2. When had God manifested in history his ability to “ make a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters”?
3. What of Babylon will be quenched as a wick?
4. What “new thing” will God do for Israel?
5. Why has God not burdened his people with offerings nor received offerings from his people?
6. Israel has burdened God with their ____________________ .
7. Why has God made Jacob and curse and Israel a reviling?
8. Who was Israel’s first father who sinned?
9. Why must God be put in remembrance in 43:26?
10. Jehovah __________________ Israel, and __________________ Israel and He will ___________________ Israel.
11. What does “Jeshurun” mean? Who is described as Jeshurun?
12. What will result from the blessings coming from God and His Spirit?
13. From 44:6-
14. Why is one who constructs idols described as “vanity” in 44:9?
15. How does Isaiah help his readers to recognize the “folly” of idolatry?
16. What were Israel’s sins like and what has God done with them?
17. How will God be glorified in Israel?
ISAIAH – LESSON TWENTY
I. THE ONE AND ONLY GOD REDEEMS HIS PEOPLE THROUGH CYRUS, THE PERSIAN KING (44:24-
A. Jehovah will redeem and rebuild Jerusalem through Cyrus (44:24-
1. Jehovah alone has made all things.
2. Jehovah frustrates the works of idolaters.
3. Jehovah confirms the word of his messengers.
4. Jehovah predicts to dry up rivers to pave way for Cyrus to prepare the way for Jerusalem to be inhabited again.
5. God alone will subdue nations before Cyrus.
B. Righteousness and salvation will spring up together from Jehovah in the earth as Jerusalem is redeemed (45:8).
C. Woe to those who strive against one’s Maker-
D. God foresees the everlasting salvation of Israel (45:14-
E. God, the Creator of all things is not sought in vain (45:18-
F. God will save Israel and invites all nations to come to Him (45:20-
1. Why should Israel look to Jehovah alone for their redemption from Babylonian captivity?
2. How is the drying up of the rivers connected with Israel being delivered from captivity?
3. Who does God name as His shepherd and His anointed one to deliver Israel from captivity?
4. What two things will be accomplished through this appointed one?
5. What will God do to the nations through this appointed one?
6. Why is calling this shepherd and anointed one by name evidence of Divine inspiration?
7. In what sense does God “create evil”? Why does God say he does this in 45:7?
8. What does God create to come from the skies and the earth?
9. What two areas of life does God offer as illustrations to establish the woe in striving against one’s Maker?
10. What does God, Israel’s Maker, want Israel to ask of Him?
11. Explain what is meant by God’s appointed one letting the exiles go free “not for price nor reward”?
12. What respective glories of Egypt, Ethiopia and the Sabeans will be surrendered to Israel? Why?
13. What kind of salvation does God foresee for Israel?
14. God created the world to be ___________________ .
15. “I said not unto the Seed of Jacob, ‘Seek ye me in _____________’: I Jehovah, speak ________________, I declare things that are ________________.”
16. Whom does God invite to be saved by Him?
17. What qualities does God offer to show that He is the Only God?