Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON TWENTY-
I. PROPHECY OF BABYLON’S FALL (46:1-
A. Fall of the god’s of Babylon (46:1-
B. Fall of Babylon, the capital of the empire of the world (47:1-
C. Deliverance from Babylon (48:1-
1. Identify: Bel and Nebo.
2. What two points does Isaiah offer to show the lack of power and the futility of Babylon’s idols?
3. How does God offer Himself as a contrast to the idols of Babylon?
4. What does God say about his declarations that show Him to be the only God?
5. Describe the one whom God calls to bring Babylon down?
6. Describe the attire of the virgin and delicate daughter of Babylon.
7. Describe her nakedness and shame.
8. Why did God allow Israel to fall into the hands of Babylon?
9. How did Babylon treat Israel?
10. What faulty things did Babylon have her trust?
11. What two things shall come upon Babylon that Babylon thought would never happen to her?
12. Who will not be able to save Babylon from her destruction?
13. Israel had sworn by the name of Jehovah but not in _____________________ .
14. How had Israel manifested this error?
15. What characteristic of God differentiates himself from idols?
16. Why had God not cut Israel off completely?
17. Give reasons why Israel should hearken to Jehovah?
18. Who will perform God’s pleasure upon Babylon?
19. What should Israel sing as they go forth from Babylonian captivity?
20. What do the wicked not enjoy?