Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON TWENTY-
I. THE SERVANT OF JEHOVAH SPEAKS TO THE GENTILE WORLD AND REPROVES A DESPONDENT ZION (49:1-
A. The servant of Jehovah will preserve Israel and be a light to the Gentiles –
prophecy of the coming Messiah (v.1-
B. The servant of Jehovah is given as a covenant for God’s people and will
comfort those who are afflicted (v. 8-
C. The servant of Jehovah reproves Zion who thinks in captivity she has been
forgotten by God (v. 14-
1. Even if a woman forgets her sucking child – God does not forget his people (v.14-
2. Abundance of God’s children will fill the once desolate land (v.17-
3. Sons and daughters of Israel will be delivered by nations, and kings and queens will be in obedience to them (v.22-
4. God will contend with Israel’s oppressors and save Israel’s children (v. 24-
1. Who are the peoples from afar to which the servant of Jehovah speaks?
2. How “close” is the servant of Jehovah to Jehovah?
3. From verses 1-
(c). Messiah – Jesus Christ
4. What are the blessings that God’s mercy will provide for his people in captivity?
5. In what two ways does Jehovah show that He will not forget His people?
6. How does Isaiah show that Zion will be filled again with “abundance” of people?
7. How will the nations treat Israel when Jehovah delivers His people?
8. What two facts regarding Jehovah will His people understand when they are delivered?
9. How will Jehovah make Himself known as Israel’s Saviour, Redeemer and Mighty One of Jacob?