Click Arrow To Start Audio
ISAIAH – LESSON THIRTY-
I. EXCLUSION OF SCORNERS FROM COMING SALVATION (66:1-
A. God reminds Israel, who is coming from captivity, that from His exalted place upon high, He looks with favor upon the man with a contrite spirit (v. 1-
B. Sacrifices offered from divided hearts are an abomination to Jehovah (v. 3-
C. Enemies of God’s true people will be put to shame before God (v. 5-
D. Zion, a nation born in a day (v. 7-
E. Rejoicing over Zion’s future glorious days of comfort and peace (v. 10-
F. Israel’s idolaters will be slain by Jehovah (v. 15-
G. As escaped remnant will promote the conversion of the Gentile world and the restoration of Israel – new heavens and new earth (v. 18-
H. Continual corruption is ahead for those who transgress against God (v. 24).
1. Why does God speak of the manner of house that Israel would build unto Him?
2. What three characteristics catch the approved look of Jehovah?
3. How does God sometime look upon the person who sacrifices an ox, lamb and incense? Why?
4. What had some of the Israelites done that will cause God to bring their fears upon them?
5. Were those, who wanted to glorify God and therefore cast people out, righteous before God?
6. What nation does Isaiah see born at once in a day?
7. What lies ahead for the nation in Jerusalem?
8. Describe Jehovah’s coming to execute judgment upon Jerusalem’s enemies:
9. How long will God’s glory be known among the nations?
10. Why does Isaiah refer to the new heavens and new earth?
11. What does Isaiah say will be abhorring to see?