Click Arrow To Start Audio
GOSPEL OF JOHN: LESSON 9
IX. JESUS ALONE WITH HIS CHOSEN DISCIPLES (Chapters 13-
A. Jesus illustrates humility by washing the disciples’ feet (13:1-
B. Jesus identifies His betrayer, Judas (13:18-
C. Jesus gives disciples new commandment: love one another (13:31-
D. Jesus predicts Peter’s denial (13:36-
E. Jesus assures disciples that His going away is to prepare a place for them (14:1-
F. Jesus claims that He is the way unto the Father (14:4-
G. Jesus claims that when you see Him, you have seen the Father (14:7-
H. Jesus reveals that another comforter will be sent to His disciples: The Holy Spirit (14:16-
I. Jesus tells how true disciples show their love: obedience (14:19-
1. What was to take place now that Jesus’ hour had come?
2. What “supper” is mentioned in 13:2?
3. Describe Jesus’ love for His own disciples:
4. What “three things” did Jesus know in 13:3?
5. In 13:7, was Jesus stressing the act of feet washing or the attitude behind it?
6. Why did Jesus tell Peter that his hands and head did not need washing?
7. What did Jesus mean when He said, “Ye are not all clean”?
8. Did Jesus wash Judas Iscariot’s feet?
9. What prophecy did Judas fulfill in betraying the Lord?
10. Explain why Jesus warned disciples of His betrayal beforehand?
11. Who would one be receiving if he received the Lord’s apostles?
12. What statement of Jesus troubled the disciples?
13. To whom did Peter look for help in understanding the meaning of Jesus’ remarks?
14. What did “What thou doest, do quickly” mean to the disciples?
15. What did Jesus say when Judas Iscariot left their midst?
16. Where was Jesus going that the disciples could not come?
17. How is loving one another a NEW commandment?
18. Name some ways we can know that we are the Lord’s disciples?
19. What did Jesus predict about Peter?
20. What place did Jesus prepare for his disciples? (Explain you answer in light of Matthew 25:34).
21. Did Jesus claim to be a way unto the Father?
22. Why was Jesus surprised with Philip’s question?
23. What are the greater works the disciples would do?
24. What is the concept in 14:13-
25. Who is it that truly loves the Lord?
26. Who is the promised “comforter”? How would He “comfort”?