Click Arrow To Start Audio
LUKE – LESSON 6
I. BEGINNING OF JESUS’ GREAT GALILEAN MINISTRY (4:14-
A. Jesus returns in the power of the Spirit to Galilee – fame increases throughout the region (v. 14-
B. Jesus rejected in Nazareth (v. 16-
1. Jesus reads Isaiah 61:1-
2. Jesus applies it to Himself – causes doubt and rejection.
C. Jesus heals man with an unclean spirit (v.31-
1. Demon knew Him to be “the Holy One of God.”
2. Jesus’ authoritative word expels unclean spirits.
D. Jesus heals Simon’s mother-
1. Jesus rebukes the “great fever.”
2. She immediately rises to minister.
E. Jesus preaches the Good News to other towns (v. 42-
1. Jesus departs early in the day to a desert place.
2. Jesus tells seekers of his mission to preach the kingdom of God to other cities also.
3. Jesus preached in the synagogues of Galilee.
F. Jesus with the miraculous catch of fish calls fishing disciples to be fishers of men (5:1-
1. Peter amazed at the catch of fish.
2. Jesus declares, “from henceforth thou shalt catch men.”
G. Jesus heals a pleading leper (5:12-
1. Man “full” of leprosy.
2. Jesus heals him with the touch of his hand.
3. Great multitudes come to hear and be healed.
4. Jesus withdrew to desert places to pray.
1. At the beginning of His Galilean Ministry, Jesus was __________________ of all.
2. The incident of Jesus in the synagogue at Nazareth occurred at the beginning of the Great Galilean Ministry of Jesus (T) (F).
3. The custom in the first century was to _______________________to read, and _________________ to preach and teach.
4. What hindered the people in Nazareth to accept Jesus’ fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecy?
5. What two Biblical examples does Jesus give when the Jews of Nazareth are demanding signs in “their own country”?
6. What did the Jews of Nazareth try to do with Jesus? What did Jesus do?
7. What caused people to be astonished at Jesus’ teaching?
8. Describe “demon possession”:
9. What do demons know concerning the person of Jesus?
10. Why did Jesus not allow the demons to speak as to the identity of Jesus?
11. Peter was a married man (T) (F).
12. Why did Jesus to “desert places” during His ministry?
13. What “good tidings” did Jesus understand He must preach? Should you be doing the same today?
14. Explain the reaction of Peter over the abundant catch of fish:
15. This calling of the four fishermen was the (a) first (b) second (c) third (d) fourth time Jesus has called these men to be “fishers of men.”
16. Describe the “faith” the man with leprosy had in Jesus?
17. What two commands did Jesus give to the man healed of leprosy? Why?