Click Arrow To Start Audio
LUKE – LESSON 9
I. JESUS CONTINUES HIS TEACHING AND HEALING IN GALILEE (8:1-
A. Jesus teaches good tidings of the kingdom of God with the twelve in the cities and villages – the ministering women (v. 1-
B. Jesus teaches by the parable of the sower (v. 4-
1. Jesus reveals the purpose of the parables (v. 9-
2. Jesus explains the meaning of the parable of the sower (v. 11-
C. Jesus uses lighted lamp illustration to convey some characteristics of revelation – warning to take heed how one hears (v. 16-
D. Jesus’ mother and brothers provide opportunity for Jesus to teach of the character of his spiritual family – hear the word of God and do it (v. 19-
E. Jesus rebukes the wind and waves in the lake of Galilee (v. 22-
F. Jesus heals the Gerasenes’ man of a legion of demons (v. 26-
G. Jesus raises Jairus’ only daughter from the dead after healing the woman who touches Jesus’ garment (v.40-
1. What message did Jesus continue to bring throughout the cities and villages of Galilee?
2. Mary Magdalene was (a) an immoral woman (b) cured from seven demons by Jesus (c) supported Jesus with her money
(d) b & c (e) all the above.
3. People connected with Herod’s household followed Jesus (T) (F).
4. The Parable of the Sower could also be named the Parable of ____________________
5. Why did Jesus teach by parables?
6. Jesus said at the end of the parable of the sower: “He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.” Show how well you hear the parable by contrasting he character of the “bad ground” with the following characteristics of the “good ground”:
(a). honest and good heart –
(b). holding fast the heard word –
(c). bring forth fruit with patience -
7. What point is Jesus making by using the illustration of the lighted lamp?
8. Why should one take heed “how” he or she hears?
9. Jesus’ spiritual family is comprised of those who ________________ the word of ______ and _______ ______.
10. What “lake” was Jesus on when he went to sleep in a storm?
11. What was lacking in the disciples as they said, “Master, master we perish”?
12. What did Jesus do that no mere man has the power to do?
13. The country of the GERASENES was: (a) the country of the Gadarenes (b) the country of the Gergesenes (c) located against Galilee on the east side of the Sea of Galilee (d) all the above.
14. What ALL did demon possession do to the man possessed by the legion of demons in the country of the Gerasenes?
15. What did the demons know about Jesus and what did they fear from him?
16. What happened to the swine when the demons entered them? What does this say about the restrictions God placed on demons?
17. Describe the response of the people of the country of Gerasenes when they saw the man no longer possessed with demons?
18. Why did Jesus not allow the healed man from demons accompany him and the disciples? What did the man do?
19. Who was Jairus?
20. What happened to his only daughter?
21. What “evidence” can you give that shows Jesus did a “miracle” at Jairus’ house?
22. What is an enemy to belief?
23. Why might Jesus command Jairus and his wife not to tell what Jesus did to their daughter?
24. The woman with the issue of blood was healed by Jesus’ powerful spoken word. (T) (F)
25. What did Jesus say that both reinforced and calmed the trembling woman?
LUKE – LESSON 10
I. JESUS FINISHES HIS GALILEAN MINISTRY AND WITHDRAWS WITH DISCIPLES (9:1-
A. Jesus’ charge to His apostles (v. 1-
B. Herod the tetrarch (Antipas) is anxious over hearing of miracles (v. 7-
C. Jesus miraculously feeds and five thousand (v. 10-
D. Peter’s confession concerning Jesus (v. 18-
E. Jesus’ first prediction of his death and resurrection (v.21-
F. The transfiguration of Jesus on the mountain (v. 28-
G. Jesus heals the boy troubled by a demon (v. 37-
H. Jesus’ second prediction of His death (v. 43b-
I. Jesus uses a child to teach apostles who are arguing over who is the greatest (v. 46-
J. Jesus teaches John of one who was casting out demons in Jesus’ name (v. 49-
1. Over what did Jesus give his apostles power or authority?
2. Jesus sent the twelve to preach (a) the kingdom of God (b) gospel (c) a & b.
3. Why did Jesus not allow His apostles to take wallet, money or bread for their preaching journey?
4. Explain the apparent contradiction of Luke 9:3 – not to take a staff, and Mk. 6:8 – take a staff only.
5. What did the action, “shake off the dust from your feet” mean?
6. Why did Herod want to see Jesus?
7. To where did Jesus try to withdraw with His apostles?
8. What was Jesus’ reaction to the people who found Him and His apostles?
9. What did Jesus say to the apostles contemplating the feeding of the multitude of people? Why did He say this?
10. How much food did Jesus give thanks over? How many were fed? How much food was left over?
11. What was Jesus doing apart from the disciples?
12. Who did the multitudes say Jesus was? Peter confessed Jesus was the ______________ of _______________.
13. Why did Jesus not want the facts of this confession made known?
14. What three conditions are necessary if we are to truly follow Jesus?
15. Give Jesus’ comparison to show someone the value of their soul?
16. How does one show they are ashamed of Jesus? What is the consequence?
17. What are two necessary conclusions if “the kingdom of God” has not come yet?
18. What happened when Jesus was “transfigured?”
19. In the mountain, who appeared and talked with Jesus? What were they discussing?
20. What is the meaning of seeing Jesus alone along with the voice from Heaven?
21. Why could not the disciples of Jesus cast out the demon from the young boy?
22. What saying of Jesus puzzled His disciples?
23. What were the apostles reasoning about in their hearts?
24. What was Jesus’ message in using the child in response to their reasoning?
25. Who was casting out demons in Jesus’ name?
(a). Why did John forbid him?
(b). Why did Jesus allow him?