Click Arrow To Start Audio
LUKE – LESSON 10
I. JESUS FINISHES HIS GALILEAN MINISTRY AND WITHDRAWS WITH DISCIPLES (9:1-
A. Jesus’ charge to His apostles (v. 1-
B. Herod the tetrarch (Antipas) is anxious over hearing of miracles (v. 7-
C. Jesus miraculously feeds and five thousand (v. 10-
D. Peter’s confession concerning Jesus (v. 18-
E. Jesus’ first prediction of his death and resurrection (v.21-
F. The transfiguration of Jesus on the mountain (v. 28-
G. Jesus heals the boy troubled by a demon (v. 37-
H. Jesus’ second prediction of His death (v. 43b-
I. Jesus uses a child to teach apostles who are arguing over who is the greatest (v. 46-
J. Jesus teaches John of one who was casting out demons in Jesus’ name (v. 49-
1. Over what did Jesus give his apostles power or authority?
2. Jesus sent the twelve to preach (a) the kingdom of God (b) gospel (c) a & b.
3. Why did Jesus not allow His apostles to take wallet, money or bread for their preaching journey?
4. Explain the apparent contradiction of Luke 9:3 – not to take a staff, and Mk. 6:8 – take a staff only.
5. What did the action, “shake off the dust from your feet” mean?
6. Why did Herod want to see Jesus?
7. To where did Jesus try to withdraw with His apostles?
8. What was Jesus’ reaction to the people who found Him and His apostles?
9. What did Jesus say to the apostles contemplating the feeding of the multitude of people? Why did He say this?
10. How much food did Jesus give thanks over? How many were fed? How much food was left over?
11. What was Jesus doing apart from the disciples?
12. Who did the multitudes say Jesus was? Peter confessed Jesus was the ______________ of _______________.
13. Why did Jesus not want the facts of this confession made known?
14. What three conditions are necessary if we are to truly follow Jesus?
15. Give Jesus’ comparison to show someone the value of their soul?
16. How does one show they are ashamed of Jesus? What is the consequence?
17. What are two necessary conclusions if “the kingdom of God” has not come yet?
18. What happened when Jesus was “transfigured?”
19. In the mountain, who appeared and talked with Jesus? What were they discussing?
20. What is the meaning of seeing Jesus alone along with the voice from Heaven?
21. Why could not the disciples of Jesus cast out the demon from the young boy?
22. What saying of Jesus puzzled His disciples?
23. What were the apostles reasoning about in their hearts?
24. What was Jesus’ message in using the child in response to their reasoning?
25. Who was casting out demons in Jesus’ name?
(a). Why did John forbid him?
(b). Why did Jesus allow him?
LUKE – LESSON 11
I. THE BEGINNING OF THE PEREAN MINISTRY – FACE SET TOWARD JERUSALEM (9:51-
A. A Samaritan village refuses to welcome Jesus (9:51-
B. Jesus invites individuals to “follow Me” (9:57-
C. Jesus’ instructions and the sending of the seventy (10:17-
D. Jesus pronounces “woes” upon impenitent cities (10:13-
E. The return of the seventy (10:17-
F. The rejoicing of Jesus (10:21-
G. The parable of the Samaritan who loved his neighbor (10:25-
H. Jesus commends Mary’s right choice to Martha (10:38-
1. Jesus was setting His face toward what city? Why?
2. What does Luke 9:51 teach us about the events in Jesus’ life?
3. When Jesus came to the village as recorded in Luke 9:52, why was He not received?
4. What did James and John want permission to do to this village? What was Jesus’ response?
5. What did Jesus say to the man who claimed he would follow Jesus where ever He went? What was Jesus teaching this man?
6. What did Jesus mean when He told a “would-
7. Who is not fit for the kingdom of God?
8. After reflecting on Luke 9:57-
9. Jesus asked the seventy to pray for: (a) an abundant harvest (b) more laborers (c) more convenient times.
10. What were the seventy not to carry with them? Why?
11. What should be our approach in teaching as being lambs in a city of wolves?
12. What were the seventy to teach and do in connection with their teaching?
13. What were they to do to the city that would not receive them and their teaching?
14. What principle is behind Jesus’ statement that in the judgment it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon than Chorazin and Bethsaida?
15. When we hear the teachings of Jesus’ messengers we are hearing _________________. When we reject the teachings of Jesus’s messengers, we are rejecting _______________ And _____________________.
16. What was meant by the seventy’s report of Satan falling as lightning from heaven?
17. In what does Jesus say we should rejoice?
18. In what did Jesus rejoice? Why was Jesus thankful?
19. How should the lawyer read the Law in order to inherit eternal life?
20. From the parable that Jesus gives the lawyer, who is your neighbor?
21. What lesson do we learn from Jesus’ visit with Martha and Mary about our busy lives?