Click Arrow To Start Audio
LUKE – LESSON 11
I. THE BEGINNING OF THE PEREAN MINISTRY – FACE SET TOWARD JERUSALEM (9:51-
A. A Samaritan village refuses to welcome Jesus (9:51-
B. Jesus invites individuals to “follow Me” (9:57-
C. Jesus’ instructions and the sending of the seventy (10:17-
D. Jesus pronounces “woes” upon impenitent cities (10:13-
E. The return of the seventy (10:17-
F. The rejoicing of Jesus (10:21-
G. The parable of the Samaritan who loved his neighbor (10:25-
H. Jesus commends Mary’s right choice to Martha (10:38-
1. Jesus was setting His face toward what city? Why?
2. What does Luke 9:51 teach us about the events in Jesus’ life?
3. When Jesus came to the village as recorded in Luke 9:52, why was He not received?
4. What did James and John want permission to do to this village? What was Jesus’ response?
5. What did Jesus say to the man who claimed he would follow Jesus where ever He went? What was Jesus teaching this man?
6. What did Jesus mean when He told a “would-
7. Who is not fit for the kingdom of God?
8. After reflecting on Luke 9:57-
9. Jesus asked the seventy to pray for: (a) an abundant harvest (b) more laborers (c) more convenient times.
10. What were the seventy not to carry with them? Why?
11. What should be our approach in teaching as being lambs in a city of wolves?
12. What were the seventy to teach and do in connection with their teaching?
13. What were they to do to the city that would not receive them and their teaching?
14. What principle is behind Jesus’ statement that in the judgment it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon than Chorazin and Bethsaida?
15. When we hear the teachings of Jesus’ messengers we are hearing _________________. When we reject the teachings of Jesus’s messengers, we are rejecting _______________ And _____________________.
16. What was meant by the seventy’s report of Satan falling as lightning from heaven?
17. In what does Jesus say we should rejoice?
18. In what did Jesus rejoice? Why was Jesus thankful?
19. How should the lawyer read the Law in order to inherit eternal life?
20. From the parable that Jesus gives the lawyer, who is your neighbor?
21. What lesson do we learn from Jesus’ visit with Martha and Mary about our busy lives?