Click Arrow To Start Audio
LUKE – LESSON 13
I. THE PEREAN MINISTRY CONTINUES – FACE SET TOWARD JERUSALEM (12:1-
A. Jesus warns disciples of the leaven of the Pharisees (v.1-
B. Jesus teaches disciples not to fear – God cares, the Son will acknowledge and the Holy Spirit will help (v. 4-
C. Jesus warns man and listeners of covetousness – parable of the rich fool (v.13-
D. Jesus warns disciples against earthly anxiety (v. 22-
E. Jesus teaches of watchfulness – the parable of the watchful servants (v. 35-
F. Jesus the object that would cause division among families (v. 49-
G. Jesus rebukes those who can interpret the weather but cannot interpret the times (v. 54-
H. Jesus teaches the urgency of reconciliation (v. 57-
1. What did Jesus call the leaven of the Pharisees? Why should the disciples “beware” of this leaven?
2. Whom should we fear, and why?
3. Man’s (a) body (b) soul can be killed?
4. The next time you see some little sparrows, why should you remember to not be afraid in life?
5. What will Jesus do if we confess Him before men? What will Jesus do if we deny Him before men?
6. Why is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit a sin that will not be forgiven?
7. Why would the Lord’s disciples not have to be anxious when standing before rulers questioning them?
8. Why is the sin of covetousness such a “foolish” sin?
9. What should not be a measuring stick for a “successful” life?
10. What did Jesus mean in the warning: “Be not anxious for your life?”
11. Why should you take time to consider the ravens and the lilies of the field?
12. Why is being anxious such a wasteful emotion?
13. For what does the Lord tell us to seek? What blessings will follow?
14. What is one way to lay up treasure in heaven?
15. What description does Jesus give for the “ready” servant?
16. What blessing does Jesus promise His ready servants?
17. Why was the story of the few and many stripes an important lesson for Peter?
18. In Luke 12:50, what “baptism” did Jesus yet have to accomplish?
19. What did Jesus mean when He said, “I came to cast fire upon the earth?”
20. Why did Jesus call those who could not “interpret this time” “hypocrites?”
21. What “spiritual” lesson is Jesus teaching in agreeing quickly with thine adversary?