Click Arrow To Start Audio
LUKE – LESSON 14
I. THE PEREAN MINISTRY CONTINUES – FACE SET TOWARD JERUSALEM (13:1-
A. Jesus teaches people to repent or perish like the Galileans and some in Jerusalem perished (v. 1-
B. Jesus teaches the parable of the fig tree and the kind vineyard keeper (v. 6-
C. Jesus heals a crippled woman on the Sabbath (v. 10-
D. Jesus teaches the parables of the mustard seed and the leaven, characterizing the kingdom of God (v. 18-
E. Jesus answers the question, “Are they few who are saved?” (v. 22-
F. Jesus characterizes and laments over Jerusalem (v. 31-
1. What two examples from history does Jesus give in order to teach the Jews that they need to repent?
2. In Luke 13:1-
3. What lesson is Jesus trying to get the Jews to see in His cry to repent or perish?
4. In the parable of the fig tree:
(a). What do you learn about the purpose of the fig tree?
(b). What do you learn about the character of the keeper of the vineyard?
(c). What important lesson is Jesus illustrating?
5. A woman was crippled for ___________________ years; Jesus healed her __________________.
6. Why was the ruler of the synagogue angry with Jesus?
7. Describe why Jesus calls His opponents “hypocrites” in 13:15?
8. The kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are identical (T) (F)
9. What spiritual characteristic about the kingdom is learned in the parable of the mustard seed?
10. What spiritual characteristic of the kingdom is learned in the parable of the leaven?
11. How did Jesus answer the question: “Are they few who are saved?”
12. Jesus said, “…there are _____________ who shall _________________ and there are _________________ who shall be _________________.” How did Jesus apply these words?
13 Of what did the Pharisees warn Jesus?
14. What was the meaning of Jesus’ description of Herod?
15. Did Jesus fear Herod?
16. How “tender” was the Lord toward a rebellious Jerusalem? How “just” was Jesus toward a sinful Jerusalem?
17. When would Jerusalem say, “Blessed is He who cometh in the name of the Lord.”?