Click Arrow To Start Audio
LUKE – LESSON 16
I. THE PEREAN MINISTRY CONTINUES – FACE SET TOWARD JERUSALEM (15:1-
A. The Parable of the Lost Sheep (15:1-
B. The Parable of the Lost Coin (15:8-
C. The Parable of the Lost Son (15:11-
D. The Parable of the shrewd but Unrighteous Steward (16:1-
E. Various errors of Pharisees rebuked (16:14-
F. After death experiences of the rich man and Lazarus (16:19-
1. What problem were the Pharisees and scribes having with Jesus that prompted Jesus to teach the parables recorded in Lk. 15?
2. What is a common thought in the three parables?
3. How are the Pharisees and scribes depicted in each parable?
4. What caused the younger brother to come “to himself?”
5. How was the younger brother “dead?”
6. In the parable of the steward, his lord commends him for being (a) unrighteous (b) wise (c) both a & b
7. What is the spiritual lesson of the parable of the unrighteous steward?
8. No servant can serve ___________ _________________. We cannot serve _________ and ____________________.
9. Explain how we can be “faithful in the unrighteous mammon” and not “serve mammon?”
10. When the Pharisees heard the parable of the unrighteous steward, what did they do? Why?
11. What does Luke 16:15 tell you about “appearances?”
12. How was the coming of John the Baptist a pivotal point in God’s revelation to man?
13. Explain what was happening in regard to the entering the kingdom of God since the gospel of the kingdom was being preached?
14. How does Jesus explain that all things prophesied in the Law would be fulfilled?
15. How can one be married to and commit adultery with the same person at the same time?
16. Where do we go when we die?
17. When we die, will we continue to remember and feel?
18. Why is the “doctrine of purgatory” false?
19. What lessons regarding this life on earth and the word of God do you learn from the rich man and Lazarus?