Click Arrow To Start Audio
LUKE – LESSON 18
I. THE PEREAN MINISTRY CONTINUES – FACE SET TOWARD JERUSALEM (18:1-
A. The Parable of the Widow and the Unrighteous Judge – Jesus teaches the necessity of persistence in prayer (v. 1-
B. The Parable of the self-
C. Jesus blesses the little children – Jesus teaches the necessity of receiving the kingdom as a little child (v. 15-
D. Jesus teaches the rich young ruler and Peter on the requirements of receiving eternal life – the peril of riches and the reward of sacrifice (v.18-
E. Jesus reminds His twelve apostles of what will happen to Him at Jerusalem (v. 31-
F. Jesus miraculously heals a begging blind man near Jericho (v. 35-
1. In the parable of the widow and the unrighteous judge how does God differ from the character of the judge?
2. God will avenge His elect ____________________.
3. What specific point is on Jesus’ mind when He asks, “shall he find faith on the earth?”
4. From the Parable of the Pharisee and publican, list the characteristics of a “self-
5. From the Parable of the Pharisee and the publican, what is the characteristic of the one who is “justified” before God?
6. What principle is Jesus teaching in the Parable of the Pharisee and the Publican?
7. What were the people wanting Jesus to do when they brought their little children unto Him?
8. What is necessary if we are to enter the Kingdom of God?
9. Why did Jesus respond the way He did when He was called “good” teacher?
10. What was the “one thing” they young ruler “lackest” in order to inherit eternal life?
11. Can a rich man enter the Kingdom of God?
12. What will you receive “manifold more in this time” if like Peter you leave all and follow Jesus?
13. What will such a one receive in “the world to come?”
14. How were the writings of the prophets of old going to be fulfilled in Jerusalem?
15. What did the apostles not understand from Jesus’ specific predictions regarding what would happen to Him in Jerusalem?
16. Describe “the faith” the blind man had that Jesus recognized when giving him his sight?
17. What were the effects of the miracle wrought on the blind man?