Click Arrow To Start Audio
LUKE – LESSON 18
I. THE PEREAN MINISTRY CONTINUES – FACE SET TOWARD JERUSALEM (18:1-
A. The Parable of the Widow and the Unrighteous Judge – Jesus teaches the necessity of persistence in prayer (v. 1-
B. The Parable of the self-
C. Jesus blesses the little children – Jesus teaches the necessity of receiving the kingdom as a little child (v. 15-
D. Jesus teaches the rich young ruler and Peter on the requirements of receiving eternal life – the peril of riches and the reward of sacrifice (v.18-
E. Jesus reminds His twelve apostles of what will happen to Him at Jerusalem (v. 31-
F. Jesus miraculously heals a begging blind man near Jericho (v. 35-
1. In the parable of the widow and the unrighteous judge how does God differ from the character of the judge?
2. God will avenge His elect ____________________.
3. What specific point is on Jesus’ mind when He asks, “shall he find faith on the earth?”
4. From the Parable of the Pharisee and publican, list the characteristics of a “self-
5. From the Parable of the Pharisee and the publican, what is the characteristic of the one who is “justified” before God?
6. What principle is Jesus teaching in the Parable of the Pharisee and the Publican?
7. What were the people wanting Jesus to do when they brought their little children unto Him?
8. What is necessary if we are to enter the Kingdom of God?
9. Why did Jesus respond the way He did when He was called “good” teacher?
10. What was the “one thing” they young ruler “lackest” in order to inherit eternal life?
11. Can a rich man enter the Kingdom of God?
12. What will you receive “manifold more in this time” if like Peter you leave all and follow Jesus?
13. What will such a one receive in “the world to come?”
14. How were the writings of the prophets of old going to be fulfilled in Jerusalem?
15. What did the apostles not understand from Jesus’ specific predictions regarding what would happen to Him in Jerusalem?
16. Describe “the faith” the blind man had that Jesus recognized when giving him his sight?
17. What were the effects of the miracle wrought on the blind man?
LUKE – LESSON 19
I. THE PEREAN MINISTRY CONTINUES – FACE SET TOWARD JERUSALEM (19:1-
A. In Jericho Jesus visits the tax-
B. Jesus teaches the Parable of the Pounds – recognizing the King and the coming and responsibilities of the Kingdom (v. 11-
C. Jesus’ Triumphal entry into Jerusalem (v. 28-
1. In Bethany Jesus instructs disciples as to acquiring a colt to ride upon into Jerusalem (v. 28-
2. From the Mount of Olives, Jesus enters Jerusalem being praised by disciples and King, coming in the name of the lord (v. 36-
3. Jesus draws nigh to Jerusalem and weeps over the city doomed for destruction (v. 41-
1. What three characteristics describe Zacchaeus?
2. How did Zacchaeus respond to the charges he was a “sinner?”
3. What was the purpose of Jesus coming to the earth?
4. What prompted Jesus to speak the parable of the pounds?
5. What are our responsibilities towards what we have from God in the Kingdom?
6. What are the blessings in using what God has entrusted us in the Kingdom of the Lord?
7. Are there any negative consequences for not allowing the Lord to reign over us?
8. What did Jesus specifically predict His two disciples would find in the near-
9. What did the crowd of disciples rejoice and praise God about in ushering Jesus into Jerusalem?
10. What did the Pharisees want Jesus to do regarding the behavior of His disciples? What was Jesus’ response?
11. What did Jesus say was hid from the city of Jerusalem?
12. What did Jesus predict the enemies would do to Jerusalem?