Click Arrow To Start Audio
LUKE – LESSON 19
I. THE PEREAN MINISTRY CONTINUES – FACE SET TOWARD JERUSALEM (19:1-
A. In Jericho Jesus visits the tax-
B. Jesus teaches the Parable of the Pounds – recognizing the King and the coming and responsibilities of the Kingdom (v. 11-
C. Jesus’ Triumphal entry into Jerusalem (v. 28-
1. In Bethany Jesus instructs disciples as to acquiring a colt to ride upon into Jerusalem (v. 28-
2. From the Mount of Olives, Jesus enters Jerusalem being praised by disciples and King, coming in the name of the lord (v. 36-
3. Jesus draws nigh to Jerusalem and weeps over the city doomed for destruction (v. 41-
1. What three characteristics describe Zacchaeus?
2. How did Zacchaeus respond to the charges he was a “sinner?”
3. What was the purpose of Jesus coming to the earth?
4. What prompted Jesus to speak the parable of the pounds?
5. What are our responsibilities towards what we have from God in the Kingdom?
6. What are the blessings in using what God has entrusted us in the Kingdom of the Lord?
7. Are there any negative consequences for not allowing the Lord to reign over us?
8. What did Jesus specifically predict His two disciples would find in the near-
9. What did the crowd of disciples rejoice and praise God about in ushering Jesus into Jerusalem?
10. What did the Pharisees want Jesus to do regarding the behavior of His disciples? What was Jesus’ response?
11. What did Jesus say was hid from the city of Jerusalem?
12. What did Jesus predict the enemies would do to Jerusalem?
LUKE – LESSON 20
I. JESUS’ LAST WEEK IN JERUSALEM (Part 1) (19:45-
A. Jesus enters temple area and cleanses it by driving out those who sold oxen and sheep (19:45-
1. Jesus continues to teach daily in the temple – people listen, and authorities seek the opportunity to destroy Him.
B. Jesus’ authority questioned: Jesus offers a counter-
C. Jesus teaches the Parable of the Wicked Husbandmen-
D. Jesus hears captious questions and give authoritative answers (20:19-
E. Jesus asks probing questions concerning the Christ being David’s son (20:41-
F. Jesus warns of and denounces the ways of the scribes (20:45-
1. What was one of the first acts of Jesus when He entered Jerusalem? Had He done this before?
2. What had those who sold make the temple out to be?
(a). The chief priests:
(b). The scribes:
(c). The elders:
4. What hindered the authorities from killing Jesus when they desired to do so?
5. Explain what Jesus was teaching and preaching?
6. Why did Jesus not answer directly the question about the authority behind His deeds?
7. What are two sources for authority? What were the implications of each source regarding the baptism of John?
8. In the Parable of the Husbandmen, who did they characterize?
9. What was the Lord of the vineyard going to do to the husbandmen? What was the reaction of the scribes and chief priests?
10. What two characteristics of “the stone” does Jesus present? To whom or what does Psalm 118:22 refer?
11. What plan did the Jewish authorities execute in order to deliver Jesus up to the governor? Was it successful?
12. In the realm of serving God, is there room to pay tribute to civil governments? How would Jesus answer this question?
13. What did the Sadducees teach?
14. What was the basis for their proposed circumstance, presented as a difficult question unto Jesus?
15. Why was the question not difficult for Jesus to answer?
16. Jesus used what method of teaching to establish the fact of the resurrection from the dead?
17. What was Jesus proving by referring to Psalm110:1?
18. Why will the scribes receive “greater condemnation?”