Click Arrow To Start Audio
LUKE – LESSON 12
I. THE PEREAN MINISTRY CONTINUES – FACE SET TOWARD JERUSALEM (11:1-
A. Jesus teaches prayer to disciples (11:1-
1. Jesus’ model prayer (v. 1-
2. The parable of a man’s shameless persistence (v. 5-
B. Jesus teaches the dominion of God in healing man who could not speak due to demon possession (11:14-
C. Jesus teaches the parable of the return of the unclean spirit (11:24-
D. Jesus teaches true blessedness to devoted women (11:27-
E. Jesus rebukes the generation who craves for more signs (11:29-
F. Jesus teaches about the light of the body (11:33-
G. Jesus utters six woes to Pharisees and lawyers (11:37-
1. In Jesus’ model prayer:
(a). to whom do we pray?
(b). for what do we desire?
(c). for what three needs do we ask?
2. What point is Jesus making about prayer in the parable of the host who is troubled by a friend?
3. How does Jesus give us encouragement to ask God for our needs?
4. How illogical was it for some of the multitude to claim that Jesus cast out demons by Beelzebub?
5. The FACT Jesus did cast out demons was strong evidence that
6. What spiritual application does Jesus want His hearers to make from hearing of the habits of unclean spirits leaving and inhabiting human bodies?
7. Who enjoys a more blessed condition: (a) Mary, the mother of Jesus (b) those who take advantage of hearing the word of God (c) those who hear the word of God and do it.
8. What sign did Jesus say His generation would see?
9. Does Jesus condemn those who would ask for signs of those who claim a new message from God? Explain your answer:
10. The lamp of the __________________ is the _____________________.
11. Describe the following type of eye:
(a). the single eye –
(b). the evil eye -
12. What caused the Pharisee to marvel at Jesus when he invited Jesus to dinner?
13. To what foolishness of the Pharisee did Jesus point?
14. How could the Pharisee make sure all things would be clean unto him?
15. Why woes to:
(a). the Pharisees who tithes mint, rue and every herb?
(b). the Pharisees who love the chief seats and salutations?
(c). the lawyer who felt abused by the words of Jesus?
(d). the lawyers who build tombs for the prophets?
(e). the lawyers who have the key of knowledge?
LUKE – LESSON 13
I. THE PEREAN MINISTRY CONTINUES – FACE SET TOWARD JERUSALEM (12:1-
A. Jesus warns disciples of the leaven of the Pharisees (v.1-
B. Jesus teaches disciples not to fear – God cares, the Son will acknowledge and the Holy Spirit will help (v. 4-
C. Jesus warns man and listeners of covetousness – parable of the rich fool (v.13-
D. Jesus warns disciples against earthly anxiety (v. 22-
E. Jesus teaches of watchfulness – the parable of the watchful servants (v. 35-
F. Jesus the object that would cause division among families (v. 49-
G. Jesus rebukes those who can interpret the weather but cannot interpret the times (v. 54-
H. Jesus teaches the urgency of reconciliation (v. 57-
1. What did Jesus call the leaven of the Pharisees? Why should the disciples “beware” of this leaven?
2. Whom should we fear, and why?
3. Man’s (a) body (b) soul can be killed?
4. The next time you see some little sparrows, why should you remember to not be afraid in life?
5. What will Jesus do if we confess Him before men? What will Jesus do if we deny Him before men?
6. Why is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit a sin that will not be forgiven?
7. Why would the Lord’s disciples not have to be anxious when standing before rulers questioning them?
8. Why is the sin of covetousness such a “foolish” sin?
9. What should not be a measuring stick for a “successful” life?
10. What did Jesus mean in the warning: “Be not anxious for your life?”
11. Why should you take time to consider the ravens and the lilies of the field?
12. Why is being anxious such a wasteful emotion?
13. For what does the Lord tell us to seek? What blessings will follow?
14. What is one way to lay up treasure in heaven?
15. What description does Jesus give for the “ready” servant?
16. What blessing does Jesus promise His ready servants?
17. Why was the story of the few and many stripes an important lesson for Peter?
18. In Luke 12:50, what “baptism” did Jesus yet have to accomplish?
19. What did Jesus mean when He said, “I came to cast fire upon the earth?”
20. Why did Jesus call those who could not “interpret this time” “hypocrites?”
21. What “spiritual” lesson is Jesus teaching in agreeing quickly with thine adversary?