Click Arrow To Start Audio
PHILIPPIANS: LESSON 7
I. PAUL’S WARNING AGAINST EVIL INFLUENCES: HIS APPEAL (3:17-
A. Imitate Paul and Observe Others in their manner of living (3:17-
1. Reasons for imitating Paul:
a. because many are enemies of the cross (3:18-
b. because our citizenship is in Heaven (3:20-
B. Stand fast in the Lord (4:1)
C. Exhortation for Euodia and Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord (4:2-
D. Rejoice in anxious times (4:4-
1. Be forbearing to all
2. Pray with thanksgiving
E. Think on proper things (4:8-
1. What does Paul say about himself in the midst of evil influences?
2. What does it mean to “mark” those who are living as Christians?
3. Paul’s attitude toward the issue of those living in error is:
(a). Ignore it for it will not affect Christians.
(b). Rejoice in exposing the adversary.
(c). Saddened in the necessity of exposing those in error, but insistent.
(d). Saddened in having to expose those in error, so will not bring up the subject often.
4. What lies ahead for the enemies of the cross of Christ?
5. What characteristics go along with making one’s own lusts his “god”?
6. The Christian’s citizenship is in Heaven now. (T) (F)
7. What hope for the future does the Christian have for his or her body?
8. The Philippian Christians were Paul’s ______________ and __________________.
9. In the midst of evil influence the Christian must _____________ ______________ in the _________________.
10. What did Paul exhort Euodia and Syntyche to do?
11. In what did these two help Paul?
12. In what book is the faithful Christian’s name written?
13. What personal characteristic should we manifest to all men?
14. What thought and action should replace anxieties?
15. What two qualities of the “peace of God” should help displace your anxieties?
16. Match the proper definition:
(a). Not deceive; reliable Things True
(b). Things fit for the presence of God Things Honorable
(c). Things fit for God to hear Things Just
(d). Winsome; things that call forth love Things Pure
(e). Things rightly due to God and man Things Lovely
(f). Things dignified Things of Good Report
17. From verse 9 alone, give as many characteristics of the Christian life you see: