Click Arrow To Start Audio
PHILIPPIANS: LESSON 6
I. PAUL’S WARNING AGAINST JUDAIZING INFLUENCE: HIS EXAMPLE (3:1-
A. Paul’s command to rejoice and willingness to remind (3:1)
B. Judaizers are not the people of God (3:2-
1. They are dogs, evil workers and concision.
2. Christians are true Israel.
C. Paul could glory in the law more than they, but will not (3:4-
1. Paul’s grounds for confidence under the law (v. 4-
2. Paul’s attitudes: (v. 7-
a. Counted gains under law as loss
b. Counted all things loss for Christ
c. Desired only the intimate knowledge of Christ
d. Did not consider himself perfect – but presses on
(1). Let all be thus minded
(2). Let all walk as he has attained
1. Our rejoicing should always be done in connection with _________ _________.
2. Why was repetition not irksome to Paul?
3. What THREE characteristics describe the judaizing teachers?
Show how each of these characteristics manifest the seriousness of the error in appealing to the Law of Moses today for the basis of our righteousness.
4. What THREE characteristics describe God’s true people today?
5. What does it mean to “worship by the Spirit of God” ?
6. How could Paul boast according to “the flesh” if he wanted to do so?
7. What does the word “Pharisee” mean, and how did such people regard the law?
8. How did Paul manifest his zeal before he became a Christian?
9. Paul was blameless in the sight of God before he gained Christ. (T) (F)
10. In what light did Paul regard his Jewish heritage in comparison to his gaining Christ?
11. To what degree did Paul want to know Christ?
12. Of what did Paul desire to lay hold?
13. What was the “one thing” Paul did that describes the “perfect” man?
14. What is the “prize” for the Christian?
15. Describe the way we should walk as we continue to grow in knowledge as a Christian: