Click Arrow To Start Audio
PHILIPPIANS: LESSON 8
I. PAUL’S REASONING FOR REJOICING AND FINAL SALUTATIONS (4:10-
A. Paul feels joy and contentment (4:10-
1. Joy in the Philippians’ opportunity and help (v. 10)
2. Contentment in the Lord (v. 11-
B. Paul reflects on the Philippians’ fellowship with him (4:14-
1. At the present (v.14)
2. In the past (v. 15-
C. Paul’s reasoning behind his joy (4:17-
1. He sought fruit for them (v. 17).
2. He was now well-
3. He knows God will supply their needs (v.19-
D. Paul’s salutations (4:21-
1. Paul and brethren with him salute every saint in Philippi (v.21)
a. Includes salutations from saints of Caesar’s household (v. 22)
2. Paul desires God’s grace to be with the Philippians’ spirit (v. 23)
1. What did the Philippians do that caused Paul to rejoice?
2. What were some of the circumstances in which Paul had learned to be content?
3. Paul can do _____ things in ___________ who ________________ him.
4. How did the Philippians have fellowship with Paul’s afflictions?
5. The fellowship the church had in Philippi with Paul in the matter of giving and receiving was:
(a). the Philippian church was a sponsoring church for the brotherhood: they received gifts from other churches and gave to Paul.
(b). the Philippian church was the only church who gave to Paul, who received their gift.
6. What was more important to Paul that receiving the Philippians’ gift?
7. How did God view the financial offering to help Paul?
8. How will all needs of the Christian be supplied?
9. What does the word “salute” mean?
10. What had occurred in Caesar’s household that manifests the power of the Gospel?
11. “The ________ of the ________________ be with your _______________.” What does this statement mean?