Click Arrow To Start Audio
LESSON THREE – PSALMS 16-
Day One (Psalms 16-
1. David knew that he had no ___________________ beyond _____________________.
2. David received counsel from ___________________ and thought on these things in the _______________________ __________________________.
3. God, not allowing His “holy one” to see corruption, points to (a) David (b) Jesus (c.) all saints.
4. In Psalm 17, what is David’s ground of appeal for God hearing his prayer?
5. “Keep me as the ________________ of the ___________________; hide me under the ___________________ of thy _____________________.”
6. Some men’s portion is ____________________________; David’s satisfaction is _____________________________________.
7. With some variations, Psalm 18 is also found where in the Bible?
8. Why does David love Jehovah?
9. In one word, sum up the wrath of God when He heard David’s cry?
10. God deals with man according to his character. (T) (F)
11. God’s _____________________________ made David _________________________.
12. In verse 49, David could praise Jehovah for his kindness in deliverance from violent men; today we can praise Jehovah for his mercy in __________________________________.
Day Two (Psalms 19-
1. Psalm 19 teaches us that God reveals Himself through ________________________ and _________________________________.
2. How does creation “speak” without “voice”?
3. God’s word is more valuable than _________________________ and sweeter than _____________________________.
4. “Let the ___________________ of my _______________________ and the _____________________ of my _____________________ be acceptable in thy sight, O Jehovah, my ____________________ and my ________________________________.”
5. What two types of sin did David want to be cleansed from in order to be right with God?
6. In Psalm 20, for what is David and his people preparing?
7. What things do the people petition God for on behalf of their leader, David?
8. In Psalm 20:7-
of Jehovah for salvation, not in ____________________ and ______________________.
9. Psalm 21 is thanksgiving for _______________________________.
10. “For the king _________________________ in Jehovah; and through the ____________
of the _________________ ___________________ he shall be __________________.”
11. The enemies of the people of God were able to _______________________ a device which they were ________________ ___________________ to perform.
Day Three (Psalms 22-
1. In Psalm 22, suffering comes because of the actions of _________________ and ____________________.
2. How was Jesus’ sufferings derived from these two sources?
3. In the midst of suffering, the psalmist recognizes what two qualities of God?
4. In Psalm 22:22-
5. With Jehovah as your shepherd, what will you never have to fear?
6. What blessing does God supply in the place of weariness?
7. According to Psalm 24, what all belongs to Jehovah and why?
8. Psalm 24:3-
9. Purity of _________________ and __________________ is necessary to stand in God’s holy place.
Day Four (Psalms 25-
1. Having 22 verses, Psalm 25 should tip you off that this psalm is an _________________________ psalm.
2. What three important needs are mentioned in Psalm 25?
3. In Psalm 26, what did David ask God to do?
4. What all characterized David’s “walk in integrity”?
5. In Psalm 27, why was David confident when faced with troubles?
6. What is one thing David asked of Jehovah?
7. What kept David from fainting in the face of his enemies?
8. What goes along with being strong and courageous in the Lord?
Day Five (Psalms 28-
1. David prayed that he would not be identified with what type of people?
2. Had God heard David’s prayers?
3. According to Psalm 28:7, when Jehovah is our shield, we are ____________________;
when our heart trusts in Jehovah, we are ________________________; when our heart rejoices we should praise God in _______________________.
4. In Psalm 29, to what is the voice of Jehovah equated?
5. “Jehovah sat as __________________ at the ______________________; and sitteth as __________________________ for _____________________.”
6. In Psalm 30, _________________ may tarry for the night, but joy comes in the ___________________________.
7. In Psalm 30, what gave the writer a false sense of security?
8. What was David’s response to God for answering his prayer?
CLASS STUDY: PSALM 27
TITLE: “A Psalm of David”
I. The basis for David’s fearlessness before his enemies: Jehovah (v. 1-
II. David’s desire and solace connected with being in God’s temple (v. 4-
III. David’s prayer (v. 7-
A. David seeks face of Jehovah (v. 7-
B. David requests that God not hide His face from him, even when father and mother forsake him (v.9-
C. David desires to be taught the way of Jehovah (v. 11)
D. David prays for deliverance from enemies (v. 12).
IV. David’s faith that keeps him strong in the face of his enemies (v. 13-
1. According to the contents of this Psalm, to what event or events in David’s life could the Psalm have reference?
2. What two qualities of God gave David a fearless heart?
3. Where should be our place of comfort and refuge?
4. What solace can we find in our stand for truth, when the closest of loved ones desert us?
5. What was the character of David’s adversaries?
6. Describe the various things connected with David’s “faith” in verses 13-