Click Arrow To Start Audio
LESSON TEN – PSALMS 114-
Day One (Psalms 114-
1. Which of the following statements best sums up the message in Psalm 114?
(a). Israel is delivered from Egypt.
(b). God is praised for delivering Israel from Egypt and guiding them into the promised land.
(c). God is praised for Israel’s deliverance from Egypt and sustenance in the wilderness wandering.
2. What two events of God parting the waters are alluded to in Psalm 114?
3. In Psalm 114, men should tremble at the presence of God because of His (a) Omnipotence (all powerful) (b) Omniscience (all knowing) (c) Omnipresence (in all places).
4. In Psalm 115, what clues are given than show that Israel’s praise for God is given at a time of defeat and consequent suffering?
5. Explain how the idol makers become “like unto them” (v. 8).
6. Why are Israel, the house of Aaron, and they who fear Jehovah separately mentioned as needing to trust in Jehovah?
7. What has God given to the children of men?
8. From what perspective is the phrase, “the dead praise not Jehovah…” given?
Day Two (Psalms 116-
1. In Psalm 116, why does the writer love Jehovah?
2. “________________ is Jehovah, and _______________; yea our God is __________________.”
3. What statement was made at a time when the psalmist was troubled?
Was it true?
4. What will the psalmist render unto Jehovah for God’s goodness toward him?
5. “_________________ in the sight of ________________ is the _____________ of His ________________________.”
6. In Psalm 117, what two reasons are given for the nations praising Jehovah?
7. In Psalm 118, why does the psalmist not fear the encompassing enemy?
8. What day is from Jehovah, or of Jehovah’s doing?
9. Why is the psalmist offering sacrifice?
Day Three (Psalms 119:1-
1. How does one become perfect or upright in the way?
2. In order to be blessed by God’s law, one must _____________ God’s law?
3. What allows the young man to remain pure?
4. “Thy _______________ have I ___________ up in my __________________ that I might not ________________ against thee.”
5. What three signs of delight in God’s law are manifested in verses 12-
6. In verses 17-
7. What does keeping God’s word have to do with prayer for strength and renewed life?
8. Turning away from God’s ways, we will behold _____________________.
9. What is one blessing that comes when you speak from God’s Word?
10. God’s word ______________ in the day of sorrow gives one _______________
11. “I have _______________ thine ordinances of ___________________ O Jehovah, and have __________________________ myself.”
12. In verses 57-
13. Explain why it is good to be afflicted.
14. In verses 73-
15. In verses 81-
16. What observation helps us to have faith in the surety of God’s Word?
17. After viewing the boundaries of perfection, how does God’s Word compare?
18. “For _______________ O Jehovah thy _____________ is ______________ in heaven.”
Day Four (Psalms 119:97-
1. What action can we take that will assure that God’s Word will always be with us?
2. What attitude must we have toward God’s Word before it will help us?
3. What must you do before you can ever follow the light of God’s statutes?
4. In verses 113-
5. What does making void the law cause God to do?
6. “Therefore I __________________ thy_______________ concerning all _______________to be ___________________ and I _______________ every _______________________ way.”
7. In verses 129-
8. In verses 137-
9. “__________________ art Thou O Jehovah, and _____________________ are thy judgments.”
10. In verses 145-
11. In verses 153-
12. What equality does God’s Word possess that causes it to endure forever?
13. In verses 161-
14. In verses 169-
Day Five (Psalms 120-
1. In Psalm 120, what had God done when the psalmist cried?
2. What was it like to dwell among the slanderers?
3. In Psalm 121, why can we count on God to keep us at all times?
4. In Psalm 122, what is the writer’s attitude toward going to Jerusalem for worship?
5. Explain why Jerusalem is described as a city that is “compact together.”
6. For what does the psalmist pray on behalf of Jerusalem?
7. In Psalm 123, what does the writer do to overcome contempt of the proud?
8. From what two perspectives is Psalm 124 written?
9. “Our _____________ is in the ___________ of __________________; who made ___________________ and _________________.
Class Study: Psalm 119
I. SYNONYMS FOR GOD’S PRAISEWORTHY REVELATION:
A. Law (v. 1)
B. Testimonies (v. 2)
C. Commandments (v.6)
D. Precepts (v.4)
E. Word (v. 9)
F. Ways (v.3)
G. Truth (v.142)
H. Judgments (Ordinances) (v. 7,13)
I. Statutes (v. 5)
II. WHY GOD’S WORD SHOULD BE PRAISED
A. Brings blessings to the obedient (v. 1-
B. Keeps the way of youth pure (v. 9-
C. Provides counsel for overcoming reproach (v. 17-
D. Provides strength in trial (v. 25-
E. Provides profitable guidance (v. 33-
F. Strengthen the voice to speak (v. 41-
G. Provides comfort in sorrow (v. 49-
H. Medium of fellowship with God and Man (v. 57-
I. A valuable help in affliction (v. 65-
J. Creates confidence in asking for comfort (v. 73-
K. Creates steadfastness when driven to the edge (v. 81-
L. Provides foundation for faith (89-
M. Becomes a delight in our life (v. 97-
N. Provides a light for our pilgrimage (v. 105-
O. Upholds the upright character (v. 113-
P. Provides hope in oppression (v. 121-
Q. Provides light for the soul (v. 129-
R. Reveals a righteous God (v. 137-
S. Allows God to be close (v. 145-
T. Provides life (v. 153-
U. Contains great wealth (v. 161-
V. Is a perfect law (v. 169-
1. What are “Aleph,” “Beth” and “Gimel?”
2 What accounts for 176 verses in Psalm 119?
3. Psalm 119 is a combination of praise and __________________.
4. MATCH THE SYNONYMS OF GOD’S REVELATION WITH THE PROPER CONCEPT:
(a). Testimonies (1). To appoint or attend to proper conduct
(b). Precepts (2). General guidance; making straight
(c.). Law (3). Discourse – written or spoken
(d). Truth (4). To proceed in a particular direction
(e). Judgments (5). To mark or trace out
(f). Statutes (6). Make steady, settle, constant
(g). Way (7). Bearing witness of God and his Will
(h). Commandments (8). Ordain or order – do’s and don’ts
(i). Word (9). Discern or determine
5. What kind of heart is constantly commended in regard to God’s Word?
6. List some of the characteristics that point to the “power” of God’s Word?